Texas is legit, Gonzaga is not

@MRCoog

I just realized who your picture is of.

Edward Pollard, Houston City Council :smile:

2 Likes

ESPN guy said that Texas back court is the best in the nation.

UT apparently lives and dies by the 3. They had a total of 7 made threes coming in. Hit everything tonight. Our team can win on nights the threes don’t go. We have tons of ways to beat you.

2 Likes

Really? How did that news slip through the cracks?
Watching the Whorns last night through my homer glasses I thought they were very good but I believe we could take them. Our depth is incredible.

The ESPN guy is wrong

3 Likes

It was a “secret” scrimmage, so it didn’t get a lot of coverage.

Tyrese Hunter looked good.

Marcus Carr, not totally sold on him.

Lol

I’m not a Gonzaga apologist by any stretch, but it’s worth noting that the game vs Michigan was on the deck of a ship, outside.

I also think that more games at the beginning of the season should be in unique venues like this.

2 Likes

Texas is real. It hasn’t taken Beard long to change the culture and they will always get elite .5 star players.
You guys have no clue how hard it is to play horn in Austin.
I know we have the potential also but it is hard to gage anything off the garbage schedule we have played so far.
But what I do trust is that Coach will have us sizzlin’ by March no matter what seed we are

1 Like

Suspect UT had this game circled after getting doors blown off in 1H last year playing up in WA. Gonzaga guard play was not good and they have zero rim protection.

1 Like

I hope not but it is Texas so one never knows. Hopefully, it was clear that I was not saying that UT is better than UH – my point was the way they played at home last night was good enough to beat almost any team.

It’s crazy to think how much Sampson has built the UH brand to be sitting at #3 with the schedule played so far. In the not so distant past, an undefeated record at this point would MAYBE get UH in the Others Receiving Votes section. Those NCAA runs and the recruiting class have really bought some poll cred.

That didn’t take long

1 Like

I have to believe that if UH takes care of business at Oregon on Sunday they will be #2 in the AP and Coaches polls.

North Carolina has James Madison at home on Sunday so I do not expect them to lose.

1 Like

It was one game.

To say Gonzaga is not legit after watching them play ONE game on the ROAD is naive at best.

4 Likes

What a joke.

1 Like

Gary Parrish and the other guy from CBS are tools

they won a HOME over a highly ranked team so everything is out the window as far as why the other teams are ranked where they are to begin with
.this is a complete over ejaculation.

And he must not know that we beat them in the Super Secret Scrimmage.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, if and when UT gets beat by Baylor and Kansas
they will come back down to earth a bit.

1 Like

Gonzaga’s ranking is/was based on past years results. The polls are always backward looking at beginning of year and therefore meaningless.

Just wait till later in the season when 10 of the top 20 are from the big10😎.

1 Like