Texas Longhorns AD Chris Del Conte says talk of early move to SEC is 'way premature' / 06/21 ESPN Chairman-says UT & OK to SEC in 2025

https://247sports.com/Article/Conference-realignment-Texas-Longhorns-AD-Chris-Del-Conte-says-talk-of-early-move-to-SEC-is-way-premature-187388718/Amp/

“We know what our obligations are to the Big 12. We’re just, in the meantime, making sure that we do the best job for the Big 12 while we’re in the league.”

1 Like

Translation… it’s expensive af.

10 Likes

Translation #1:
WE ARE EXPERT AT LYING
Translation #2
ARE YOU STUPID ENOUGH TO THINK WE GIVE A SNUFF ABOUT THE BIG12?
Translation #3
WE ARE MADE OF PUF MONEY. WE CAN BUY THE BIG12 OUT IF WE WANT TO

6 Likes

You’re right the real translation is… It’s expensive af for Oklahoma and we aren’t lending those dirt farmers the money to do it.

4 Likes

Their almost silence can be interpreted this way:
YOU BETCHA WE WILL PLAY IN THE SEC IN 2023. EVERYTHING TO IMPLODE THE BIG12 IS GREAT FOR US

3 Likes

OU cannot afford the buyout, simple as that…Both will play in Big 12 for 2 years with us, and leave before 2025 FB season to play in SEC…whorn also realizes they arent ready to play in SEC and need more time to prep. though they would never say such a thing for the world to hear…

3 Likes

Do not be so sure Monte. Remember who is involved in this? OU will get the money one way or another.
Destabilizing the BIG12 is 100% a benefit to you know who.
The puf illegally financed university located in Austin has done it before. Why would they do ANYTHING to help the Power Conference they are leaving?
How would that help them?
Friends think about the following:
They and OU stay when we get in and play into the BIG12 for another one or two years?
How does that directly affect their recruiting and moreover how will it affect their entry into the SEC?
At best they will remain mediocre to a door mat. At worst it will affect their SEC competitiveness for years. Their intent is to “RACK UP” even more five stars.

2 Likes

I would think the 8 current members of the B12 would like to share $152MM for the two to leave after the 2022-23 school year. I doubt they make $19MM for a home game with either.

2 Likes

What we have learned for decades?
Expect the ecact oposite of what they say.

3 Likes

But OU can’t.

It is a package deal with Texas AND OU…
They will be in the SEC in 2023.
I’m with Chris.
If Del Conte’s lips are moving, he is lying his **s off…
They have already sealed the deal with ESPN, just moving chips around the table. Nothing to see here…move along…

3 Likes

There’s no way the new Big 12 schools ever play a season in the Big 12 with Texas and OU.

9 Likes

That would help our deal with espn if they left early bc then Espn would see the true value of us 12 which I think will be on par with the past bc Byu takes the place of 1 then us 3 make up for the other 1. It’s why they invited the 4 and said it makes up for the 2 leaving or close overall and bb improves bc Byu is good along with us and Cincy will get back.

1 Like

How in the name of all the corn in someplace called Nebraska, can OU be short of cash?

2 Likes

Because they probably spent money to keep up with the Jones’ (TU)…and they ain’t the Jones’…

1 Like

If OU doesnt have the money to pay that 80 million penalty, then they are not leaving early…And if they dont leave early, neither does Texas…Both will remain in Big 12 for 2023 and 2024.

Monte why would you believe anything coming from them?
Why?
They lied to us, to the state of Texas for decades.
They destroyed the SWC and did everything to destroy the BIG12.
They have not sold the utHouston land even though they said they would do so ASAP.
Where is the common denominator with them?
I will let you answer that one.

2 Likes

This has nothing to do with Texas…It has everything to do with Oklahoma…The 2 are leaving together, and OU simply cannot leave until 2025, and OU doesnt have the resources to pay that huge penalty…You wanna believe Texas will leave earlier on their own, go ahead, but I dont think so…I am pretty sure the SEC wants them coming in together, at whatever year it is possible to do it…

1 Like

UT could cover them both, but no cash cow in Norman. I had two kids go there and for 7 seven years the president would say, we are out of money and have to raise tuition fees. Some sports do not make money and there is no PUF or LHN or ultra wealthy donors.

That is not what I wrote. They/the illegally PUF funded university located in Austin is in direct contact with espn. espn controls the media rights of the BIG12 with FOX and now the SEC’s. The BIG12 is in the midst of negotiating a new media deal.
This can potentially be and adding by substractions with these exit fees as negotiations tools. It is in the interest of all concerned that includes the BIG12 pariahs, media companies and both leagues.
Bottom line you can never trust what is coming from them.