Texas Tech Ticket Count

I am enjoying the new seat backs in 127.

Isn’t that tuition?

3 Likes

Why are you here?

You have a hard time handling a difference of opinion.

1 Like

I don’t care about differences.

A majority of your post have a negative tone and provide no support. Often just criticism. What do you do for the community?

3 Likes

I would rather we analyze my place in the coogfans universe in direct messages. I don’t want to derail the thread.

Come sit next to me Coog2088. I have no problem with your opinions.

2 Likes

What percent of those alumni bothered to go to the game as a student. I went to games in the late 80’s as a student and it’s fair to say that less than 5% of the students went to games. Many of our students don’t go straight out of high school either. There is a good chunk of students that go as part of a continuing education and have no interest in Cougar football.

The most important thing to focus on, is the increase in attendance. The increase in student culture supporting athletics has changed tremendously as well. I don’t think it’s logical to be outraged by 35k football attendance but not care that 35 people watch a soccer game. If being a huge Houston Cougar football supporter doesn’t feel compelled to go to a UH soccer match, why would a random alumni that doesn’t even care about sports in general feel compelled to go to a UH football game?

It doesn’t make you selfish alumni for not spending $300 to take your family to a Saturday afternoon football game.

1 Like

Looking at the dot counts today, I really hope they release more tickets to students. Having students packing the nearly empty sections 221, 241, 235, 236, 315, 323, 334 and 335 (if the demand is there) would really change the atmosphere of the stadium come game time. Just making those tickets cheaper could end up bringing in too many Tech fans.

I have looked at the dots as well and some sections just don’t look like they are moving at all. I would rather them give the remaining 200 to students.

1 Like

It’s that 11am slot :angry:

Think UH has made tremendous in roads last 5 yrs or so with attendance. TDECU helps of course. Saw quite bit of smu/tcu gm and it wasn’t even half full n only holds 32k. headline Ft Worth paper “sparse crown n est less than 10k mins b4 kickoff”. Saw same w Iowa Sat., surpring stadium looked half empty. IMO only sm fraction of schools who reg going draw over 60k no matter what. #GoCoogs

2 Likes

That is minimum. Give more.

Let’s just make the Tech fans watch from the parking lot. Or better yet, Lubbock. Can we do that? lol

2 Likes

We made UT fans with tickets watch from Hofheinz so we have the playbook.

1 Like

That is right! We are packing Robertson regularly by comparison. Patience folks! Let’s keep our Hype up and people will feed off it. Two days till GAMEDAY!! Positivity up!!!

This past game I had chills when everyone around me knew the words to our fight song and were screaming at the top of their lungs! I’ll take that over a pure numbers! Section 233

GO COOGS!

1 Like

I would like to see empty seats go to students as well, but the problem is that if you give the students the tickets, they will NOT sit up where they are suppose to. They will all be jammed into the student section or the concourse.

2 Likes

Yes. Especially with the change in our student culture or spirit over the years I expect us to see more and more become season ticket holders to at least one sport. The increase and new blood, new traditions is what we need.

I grew up going to games and my father’s generation still have season tickets but unfortunately they are getting older every year. We have to keep welcoming in the new graduates or fans from all walks.

Also, of the 100,000 alumni in the area, I wonder how many of them have allegiances elsewhere as maybe they only did grad school here or went to UT for a few years but graduated here and consider themselves UT fans. I also know there are a number of self loathing alumni who hated that they had to go to “Cougar High”, fortunately again I think that is a smaller aging population but they exist.

It is the future fans and alumni that will help us grow and the future is bright.

1 Like

We did a count last year and came up with 39,954 that could be counted. Including handicap and others that couldn’t be counted, we guessed the total was a little more than 40K.

1 Like