Thank you for our freedom

Happy Memorial day to everyone that have served, serving. We enjoy debating on COOGFANS BECAUSE OF YOU
This is the **BEST COUNTRY OF THE WORLD **
BECAUSE OF YOU

9 Likes

Especially, thanks to those who gave all…!

6 Likes

Amen

3 Likes

quick note:
Armed Forces Day honors those that are serving
Veterans Day honors those that did serve
Memorial Day honors those that died in service

The distinctions may not seem important to most but they are very important to me

18 Likes

Nice gesture, but wrong holiday.

Veteran’s Day honors those that served.

Memorial Day honors those that paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Here’s the rule:

Armed Forces Day honors those in uniform.

Veteran’s Day honors those that used to be in uniform.

Memorial Day honors those that never had the chance to get out of uniform.

That said.

Let’s honor former UH linebacker Sam Hairston this Memorial Day.

He was killed in action in Afghanistan by a roadside bomb in 2014.

17 Likes

Well someone couldn’t help themselves this morning

8 Likes

RLTW

RIP SFC Hairston!

A true hero!

6 Likes

Also, RIP Pat Tillman!

7 Likes

Well said uhlaw97 !

You are correct. My father in law’s brother was killed in Vietnam was one of so many.
Praying for all that paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. THANK YOU!!!

5 Likes

Well considering he was practicing free speech, I am pretty sure he has a better understanding than most …

4 Likes

Can we please get the politics out of this?

4 Likes

Ummm. Isn’t this whole thread somewhat political? Who sends our military to fight?

No, it’s not political unless you make it political. It was a post about honoring fallen soldiers.

17 Likes

What you did is very disrespectful to our veterans and their families. Imagine Hairston’s family coming on here and to see you care more about making something political than honoring the fallen. You obviously don’t understand the significance of Memorial Day.

4 Likes

Maybe just maybe on July 4th while you will be having a beer or a burger you will remember this:

5 Likes

Trying to score political ponts in a thread honoring memorial day. Some of you guys need to look in the mirror, there shouldn’t be divide on this day.

11 Likes

Very nice recognition of those Americans who gave their lives for their country.

Our kids and Americans in general need to be learning more about them and their sacrifices and why they did it.

1 Like

Me too oldtime, me too. I have friends who’s names are on The Wall and shipmates in Arlington cemetary.

3 Likes

So?

I’m a four time war vet that had two colleagues from my Afghanistan-Pakistan Hand “cohort class” KIAed in Afghanistan.

Even I say “enjoy your holiday,” “enjoy Memorial Day,” "enjoy the long weekend, " etc, or words closely to that effect.

I think that that’s a complaint over nothing. Much ado about nada.

That said, let’s honor my two colleagues in the AFPAK Hands program that didn’t make it back:

Lt. Col (AF) John Loftis

Lt. Col (AF) Frank “Bruiser” Bryant

6 Likes