Thank you for our freedom

We all are touched by Memorial Day. Close relatives, friends, classmates were killed while wearing a uniform.

God Bless their service. Freedom is never free.

1 Like

I’ve always thought it was weird to say “Happy Memorial Day” like so many do. Happy just doesn’t seem like a good fit. Just like all American holidays, it has become more about sales at stores and getting drunk than the true meaning. Would be nice to see it actually mean what it is supposed to.

UHCoog has the media making him mad. I don’t get worked up on somebody tweeting two days before Memorial Day, “enjoy the long weekend”. Like I said before, derailing the thread to make it political is far more offensive to our fallen troops. If you want to get mad at something this weekend, get mad at all these business who use the holiday as a chance to sell more junk. A bunch of fake patriotism to sell some air fryers.

2 Likes

If the market demand wasn’t there, then they wouldn’t be supplying it!

That said.

Everybody watch the National Memorial Day Concert tonight on PBS.

I saw it in person three times when I lived in the DC area or Northern Virginia.

THAT is the best Memorial Day observance that I can think of.

1 Like

And incidentally, enjoy grilling a hot dog.

I WILL!!!

So you’re still using this thread to make political points. Shame

3 Likes

Semper fi!

3 Likes

Fallen soldiers who died for our freedom. I am just taking offense to someone wanting to curtail a freedom because they do not like the message.

4 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 40 hours.