The American Athletic Conference 2023 Baseball Tournament

Are we just going to suck at every sport when we’re in the Big 12?

2 Likes

Yeah. Tulane isn’t good. Bad loss. And a bad loss for ECU too.

1 Like

We’re a strange club. We’re predictably tough in a series but in one game you just don’t feel good enough to push all the chips in.

I would never bet on this team although you could have made a lot of money doing it.

Guys don’t worry!

We have 33 WINS!!!

If we don’t win the conference tournament we should still get an at-large!

RPI is #101 and we won that series against ECU!

Probably a three seed at least.

2 Likes

We only swept two regular season three game series, #208 Minnesota and #178 Tulane. We’ll win another two games (like we did on the weekends in conference play) but I personally wouldn’t put any money on us winning three in a row.

1 Like

Memphis 6 to 4. T 7th.
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=466767

Rather not play the Shockers tomorrow….Memphis would be the easier game.

1 Like

Seeing we swept one team in conference we are more than capable of losing to anyone.

2 Likes

The only higher seed that won was UCF the #4….it’s honestly theirs to lose now.
Beat USF tomorrow and they are in great shape.

2 Likes

Exactly! And don’t forget, at 17-6, we finished 2nd in the AAC, only 1/2 game behind top 25… er… top 30 ECU! I wonder where the NCAA will send us?!

1 Like

Probably the Austin regional , maybe the Dallas Baptist Regional( they have a team that could make it to Omaha)

Or we could get shipped to the Wake Forest regional as the #4 seed.

1 Like

Oh, I tinkle… I mean tingle with anticipation!

2 Likes

DBU is not going to Omaha. They will not even be hosting the first weekend and will be lucky to make it to the Supers.

Whoa did you guys see this?

Cincinnati has fired an assistant coach and the director of baseball operations.

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/college-sports/university-of-cincinnati-sports/uc-assistant-baseball-coach-director-of-operations-fired-after-internal-review-findings

Betting? Stealing?

You may be right….metrics probably better than what the team is.

He has a great program, they have just faltered ad fallen the last couple of weeks

But DBU has been consistently making regionals since joining D1 baseball in 2004

1 Like

AAC baseball should bring in DBU.
A good fit w no baseball at N Texas or SMU.

Baseball the 1 AAC sport getting better via B12 call ups.

1 Like

What’s up with the Tournament today? ESPN+ shows the Cincinnati /ECU game in a Weather Delay. Did they start at 2:00 as scheduled - or haven’t played yet at all?