The arrogance of the left overs teams from the Big 12

Notre Dame has more integrity than Baylor.

3 Likes

Ann isn’t here to save them this time.

1 Like

Probably fewer rapes and murders too.

4 Likes

The gummy bears are done!!!

Wow. I read that. And I’ve sent it to all my Tech colleagues and friends.

Humbling for them.

Honestly, it does suck for small business and I feel for those folks.

Boo offing who. They can cry me a river.

2 Likes

UT and OU should sue Tech. The fact that Tech is this much in a lurch in their absence indicates malfeasance on their part.

They couldn’t find a way to be self-sufficient after 30 years of someone else paying their bills?

_______them. I don’t want them in our conference. They’ll end up being dead weight there too.

1 Like

ouch…College football realignment fallout: What's next with Texas, Oklahoma stating intent to leave Big 12 for SEC - CBSSports.com

Yeah I’m another one who feels zero sympathy for them. They left UH, Rice, SMU and TCU out to dry 25 years ago (although TCU later got back in a conference with them). Somehow, the cities of Houston and Dallas survived not being in a conference with UT and A&M. I think Lubbock and Waco will be okay. Texas’ population continues to grow - kids are still going to be applying to Tech and Baylor despite their eventual conference affiliation.

3 Likes

They have been laughing about us being in a lesser conference for years…karma can be a bish…

12 Likes

Pecos 45 said:

Our biggest problem is we have a Lt. Governor who is no equal to Bob Bullock.
Dan Patrick has no dic, and he won’t fight for us like Bullock did.
It’s embarrassing to see our Gov and Lt. Gov just be idle spectators.

And Dan Patrick would have to climb up on a chair just to kiss Bob Bullock’s a$$.

From a Baylor Fan muhahahaha

3 Likes

I am thoroughly enjoying the twisting in the wind that’s happening now.

Those em-effers crying about how much damage they are sustaining. Cry me a river. Not a thought or regret about the damage they inflicted on a TX state school 25 years ago.

What a fricken awesome time to see karma doing her thing.

7 Likes

They are trying to land in the BIG ACC. Crazy scenarios created by last year’s Covid realignment. Never let a crisis go to waste. It expedited all of the inevitables. We have to try to steer where we can.

ESPN DISNEY already held a vote. No more OU vs KU. Tech is out in the wind. Greg Abbot is part of the UT legislative cabal. We got slammed for not having in person media days

A lot of UT boosters bequeathed a lot of oil out there to the school. They are pissed and no Bob Bullock Lt. Governor. Just longhorn back channels

Oh, would just love for PAC12 football fans to travel to Lubbock. “Oh honey, you took a wrong turn. Now we’re close to a smelly sand pit.” “No dear, I just decided to take the scenic route.”

2 Likes

For the Pac12 West Coast tourist…

It’s an easy walk down University Ave from the Stadium to the Lubbock Stockyards if the dust storms are mild that day.

Sad, ain’t it, but it’s not surprising; it’s really about self-interest, and not “Texas” at the end of the day. It’s disingenuous for folks in Lubbock or elsewhere in Texas to invoke the “State of Texas” when little to no support has been given to a once-powerful, and former member of the great Southwest Conference (i.e., the Coogs, of course) that represented Houston AND Texas wonderfully (and still do, despite not being in a “Power 5” conference, no PUF money, and not having the “Texas” label on the University name). If Lubbock, Waco, and others, truly cared about the “State of Texas,” they would would have advocated for Houston a long time ago. A word of advice to the folks in Austin, Waco, Lubbock, etc.: if you really want to invoke “State of Texas,” consider what’s best for “ALL of Texas,” not just Lubbock, or Waco, or Austin, or West Texas. But, as the University with the Texas Name in Austin proves with the SWC, and now with the Big 12, I’m not expecting much: it’s not really about Texas: it’s really about self-interest.

6 Likes