The Core Football Problem?

What explains Rocky Long?

Decent coach. Decent program. Very similar situation. Eighth season at SDSU.

Donate, or get a group together to donate, about $8,000,000.00 each year for coaching salaries, and the first step in keeping a coach for at least 10 years will be taken . . . . .

Somewhere between 80K people at $100 a pop or 8K people at $1,000 a pop. Sounds like an opportunity for an additional donation program to the 46’ers. Of course that would mean that the ones donating would probably feel entitled to weigh in on coaching decisions, etc. OMG. Can you imagine this board having that kind of clout? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

In addition, I think we had the 5th rated AAC recruiting classes 2017 & 2018. Consistently out recruited by UCF, USF & Cincinnati.

He was hired specifically for that ability. It was said that Texas High School coaches recommended/supported him.

I believe that he is doing well considering we are a G6 school
 So even though we are in the largest recruiting hotbed in the country, we have to battle for the leftovers from the “big” schools. That said, we are landing predominately 3* guys where a short 5-10 years ago we were thrilled if a 3* sniffed in our direction.

2 Likes

Tilman, he hired him

We only have 13 commits at the moment and are the only AAC team with a commit whose 247 Composite rating is 4 stars. Our average rating per recruit for 2019 is higher than it has been since the Oliver/King class of 2016.

As Richard Marx said “Don’t Mean Nothing Till You Sign It On The Dotted Line”

Mods pls move to Easy Listening board

6 Likes

LOL, that one got the coffee spewed

2 Likes

I’ll be right here waiting on Signing Day.

4 Likes

Me too
holding on tight to the memories.

3 Likes

Are you talking about Allen Aldridge?

He would be my choice but he told me his choice would be the special teams coach for the Jets. I am going to get his name wrong but McGahey and I know I misspelled the name but he was on the run and shoot teams as a cb.and has been a coach in the pros for over a decade.

Jets have a special teams coordinator and an assistant. Both went to Arizona.

UH should have a huge advantage over the other AAC West programs. We should be able to take Houston 3 stars and dominate this division. The fact that we are not says our coaching is below par. We are the sports car of the west division. We just need a great driver.

Oh and we should get over ever having a coach for more than a few years. Unless we move to the BIG, our coaches will leave or get fired on a regular basis.

It’s a vicious cycle. A coach is either leaving for greener pastures or because he wasn’t good enough. Cougar fans should be used to this by now.

1 Like

How does one ever get used to that? It sucks and it’s not of our making.

There’s only 15 D1 coaches who have been with their school longer than 9 years. Two of those have won national titles at their schools. The coaching rotations isn’t some UH specific problem.

How many have had 5 HCs in the last 15 years?

It does suck and I don’t like it one bit. However, it’s been happening for 30+ years.