The Final AP AP Poll: #15 for Week of March 14th 2022 - Off to the Dance

I’m not worried at all about the rest of our conference slate. I’m a little worried once we have to start playing games in back to back days. That’s going to be brutal for a thin lineup.

2 Likes

I will take anything up to a #6 seed and be happy. The 7-10 seeds range play the top 8 seeds in the 2nd round if they advance and there are no 15/16 upsets of 2/1 seeds.

That would be only in the AAC Tourney. In the NCAAs, you get at least a day in between games.

For the AAC Tourney, hopefully they play 3 straight days - bye on Thu (top 5 seeds), Quarters on Fri, Semis on Sat, Championship on Sun.

1 Like

That’s true. But even with one day off, as hard as our guys play, it’s going to be really difficult to be able to play at that level of intensity twice in 3 days.

Javier and Robbie getting playing time lately I think will help. Hopefully they can both get to a point of playing 5-10 minutes a game.

1 Like

The short bench is going to be an issue for sure. Need a blowout win here or there (like ECU) to get some of the starters some rest.

2 Likes

Being a top 3 seed really helps the chances for a deep tourney run.

2 Likes

We really need Ramon to progress to be able to make a deep run. I’d like my chances against any team in the country with 5 days with the rest and Kelvin’s preparation. Ramon just needs to get to the level somewhere approaching the productive minutes Tramon gave us in the Tourney last season to get us thru the 2nd games

3 Likes

I want a Sweet 16 game for Fabian and the 3 transfers that have really helped save this season. I will be happy to have more games than that but I want these 4 guys to go out with at least two NCAA wins.

14 Likes

Honestly, I’d be disappointed if we lost at all the rest of the regular season. The AAC is down and we’re playing some of our best basketball regardless of who is at the guard spot.

4 Likes

Probably going to be disappointed. Going thru any league undefeated is a huge order. We didn’t do it last season, or 2018-19. More likely to have happened if schedule was a little more balanced. All the tougher games are on the back end with no schedule breaks

5 Likes

Going undefeated in Conf is not very realistic imo. I’ll be happy if they only lose 2-3 Conf gms from the remaining 12 that are left. 15-3 or 16-2 Conf record would be tremendous w/ this team.

Yes we have and as a long time Coog (1972),how sweet it is !!!
Go Coogs !

I put $200 down on 30:1 odds when I was in Vegas the first week of this month.

2 Likes

I agree, if Walker can make a solid improvement during the rest of the regular season it could have a big impact. I think J. Francis has some ability to make some situational impact on defense, but with 4 guys ahead of him I don’t see it happening.

UH #7 / New B12 w 6 teams in.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-ucla-surges-back-into-top-five-of-top-25-and-1-after-victory-over-arizona/

1 Like

I think we are capable of winning every time we step on the court in the AAC however, we will get everyone’s best. We have seen it from losses to Memphis, ECU and UCF in the past where they played well over their heads . There may also be one of those games famous for AAC play where they call every touch foul under the sun to support the home team.
This team having to learn great defense without the fouling has made us even better and will carry over to next season.

4 Likes

We’re now #2 in NET. Our plummet continues

7 Likes

It’s always how we lose that is most disappointing. We should be favored to win every game the rest of the regular season, but we will undoubtedly lose at some point. I just hope it’s because an opponent is super hot instead of us breaking down with more injuries or mental errors from the fatigue.

:roll_eyes::unamused:.

UH lost their two best players this season do I have that right?
And they’re still fielding a top 7 team. This should be bandied about nationally

1 Like