THE HOUSTON COUGARS WILL WIN 30 GAMES BEFORE THE NCAA TOURNAMENT STARTS | College Basketball

CBS Sports commenators Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander give their thoughts on the Coogs.

Full 20 minute video will be posted tomorrow

Norlander knows recruiting. He thinks Arcenaux will be one of the first guards off the bench.

14 Likes

he has some pretty high praise for Arcenaux, having never seen his game this makes me damn excited.

going from being short on guards to overflowing with talent, how did we get so lucky?!?

Wow he has Arcenaux starting by the time we play in the tournament, says he is the freshmen with the most NBA upside.

1 Like

I actually had to go back and listen b/c I thought the same. believe he says “playing at a starting level” or something like that.

Yes, he did. If everyone is healthy, I think he still comes off the bench in March.

I just hope he doesn’t get what Mills had.

TA is way different than mills he loves the defend and rebound. He doesn’t need to score. His job is to come in play great defense hustle and knock down open 3s. If he gets his weight up I could see him playing a lot of small ball 4. I keep saying our closing bigs will be whoever can hit FTs lol

2 Likes

He can definitely be the first guard off the bench. I wouldn’t be surprised if any of them are. Idk if he will beat out Mark tho that would probably mean mark is hurt or not having a great year.

One difference also Arceneaux is a Houston kid. His family is close. Mills was i believe from North Carolina. So if things go bad, the option to transfer back home is appealing

4 Likes

Damm, I’m glad I have tickets

2 Likes

If we’re healthy skys the limit.

I like TA a lot but then again I love that Sharp can come in with Sasser and provide a dynamic duo on offense. I also love what Wilson brings with his defense and ability to attack the rim. RW May been the number one hustler in making the ridiculous happen from last season and will be ready to consistently bury his threes.

A lot to be excited to see

I think the best defenders get the most minutes. It’s our way.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much everyone with this team. Sharp prob the only one who’s not elite. Ramon wasn’t elite last last year but I think he bumps up to a really good defender this year

With Shead, Sasser, Wilson and Mark we can be a lot more selective on who we matchup with Sharp, Walker and TA

1 Like

Full 20 minute discussion

6 Likes

They talk awfully big of Chaney. He’s a solid role player but he won’t be the big they center their defense around like one of those guys suggested. I see Walker and J’Wan Roberts starting as the two bigs. Walker can shoot and Roberts can defend and rebound like a mother. Gonna be a great season nonetheless!

1 Like

Chaney may start but Roberts may play more.
I appreciate the love for TA but some of that undermines who we already have.
They did give us a lot of love without even mentioning 2 big contributors coming off the bench.

TA at #31

I think Chaney starts at the beginning of the year, but we will see after that. He was the starting C on a final four team. And he will have 2 hands again

7 Likes