The reason why the defense changed during the ECU game

https://mobile.twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1595120984033562632

8 Likes

The ECU coach said in the presser that UH played a different D scheme then they had seen all season.

1 Like

Why didn’t he go up there at halftime of tbe smu game?

23 Likes

Makes sense. Many NFL coaches are usually upstairs.

Was this his idea? Or was it Dana’s idea?

2 Likes

no elevator…

6 Likes

Stick with that.

4 Likes

Yeah the sceme was we played defense

9 Likes

Damm shame we didn’t do this earlier but if we can go 8 and 4 then 9 and 4, it’s a good season.

Just hoping we play and win a bowl vs any p5

4 Likes

Maybe should of done this along time ago. I also think it not be a bad idea offensive coordinator to go up there as well.

3 Likes

I always see scenes at other teams’ games on TV with the OC and DC in the press box (why do they call it the press box when it’s the assistant coaches’ box?).

I thought he was in the parking lot for that one.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t give Belk all the credit, ECU dropped about every other pass and their QB was chunking ducks the whole game.

1 Like

How about this week we move Dana upstairs in the booth with plenty of Red Bull and belk on the sidelines to switch it up and fool them.

Lol

Ahlers was chunking ducks because of the pressure brought on by the UH defense. Ahlers is a four year senior and a good QB but the UH D made him look like a freshman.

10 Likes

We had more people in the backfield than usual but 2 sacks and 2 QB hurries, he was off from the beginning and go back and look at how many dropped balls they had. Our D played better than they have all season but ECU gave us a lot of help.

This is the types of stories that do not stand well with me.
Our D.C. has assistants just like our O.C. They are usually in the “box” upstairs.
This tells me that our Defensive Coaching staff has a communication problem.
Mr. Belk should know better. I will leave it at that or I will get banned.

2 Likes

They scored 3 points, and you would think Belk would get credit but nope its Coogfans

9 Likes

I saw it live… Both of our lines kicked the crap out of the guys on the other side at ECU.

44 had some MONSTER hits in the backfield.

9 Likes

I said don’t give him all the credit.

My head coach at our hs went into the press box these 1st 2 playoff games and we have scored over 60 points in the 1st 2 rounds.

Of course here comes Refugio…

1 Like