Thoughts on the Bama Game

1 Like

One reason to not start Carlton is to avoid some team running scripted plays early to get him in foul trouble

Like we did with Western Kentucky’s Charles Bassey. We threw it down to Reggie a few times on a post up to try and get Bassey out of the game.

And then the refs aren’t in the flow of the game, so they call every little bit of contact as a foul

Would they do that to Carlton? I don’t know.

I wish Carlton would/could dunk more. His hustle is awesome but man he misses a lot of two footers!

1 Like

Alabama played Gonzaga in Seattle-- Neutral Court

Edwards definitely needs to come off the bench he doesn’t play very good defense although his rebounding efforts are good at times

1 Like

But what do I know I’m just a fan the game could have easily went our way as well and everything would have been just fine

False

3 Likes

Yeah against teams like Bryant I just feel like he should of showed up more is all

i actually think his defense is very good
against really tall guards he might be our best defender from a technical stand point

he was iso’d against johnny davis the last 3 plays of the wisconsin game, davis didnt scored once
 if we had somehow managed to win the most iconic play of the game might have been wisconsins last play, they set up a clear iso, edwards claps his hands and whips the bottom of his shoes, and strapped up davis and gave us a chance to win (the ball was obviously going to davis, the fact Sampson chose to put edwards on him, shows Sampson has faith in his defense too)

edwards has slower feet so you wouldn’t want to put him on a smaller burner type guard like kendric davis but he plays good D
 mark is worse on D (*This year, note i think a junior/senior mark will be way better)
 i also dont taze is a technically sound defender, but has elite athleticism and hustle to make up for his mistakes
so im not sure who youd start over him

ps i think all 5 are extremely good on defense, ive noted before that i think this teams biggest strength is we can put ANY guard in our rotation against the best guard on an opposing team and legitimately not be worried about it

Who would you say our soft spot in our defense is Pesik?

this is an oddly meta answer lol but “experience” not any player
 we ve put alot of defensive expectation on our guards but only sasser has been in the system longer than a year
 in the wisconsin game and the bama game they scored on system not matchup
 wisconsin was killing us on our doubles, alabama was eating us alive with complicated screens 

if you dont want meta, its chaney, he is extremely effective in the doubles, but he is 6’7 
 i wouldnt trust him iso in the paint with a drew timme or kofi 
 but thats if i “had” to choose, he isnt bad on defense either

I agree

I just don’t know why they don’t give roberts a try in the starting rotation and Chaney with a spark off the bench but I guess you could say the same thing the other way around

I think you mean “neutral court”
 It was in WASHINGTON!!!

That’s home crowd at least

1 Like

Crowd wasn’t

I am amazed that so many of our fans blame the loss to Alabama on the refs. We were robbed! We got cheated! The game should have never come down to a crucial last second judgement call. If we had not missed half our free throws and several other missed opportunities (which are human), we would have won. I don’t think it reflects well on our program or our fans to blame every loss on the refs. Accept the loss, learn from it, and move on.

1 Like

Uh, we have two losses this year. I don’t recall a single person who blamed the Wisconsin loss on the refs.

5 Likes

Yes, I stand corrected. But the buzz about us being cheated at Alabama is not helpful for the image of the program. Even Sampson apologized.

3 Likes

Above.The.Cylinder.

1 Like