Tilman Gives Vote of Confidence

Didn’t see this posted anywhere

5 Likes

Of course. “We still on for Tuesday night, Dana?”

13 Likes

OK! That settles the matter.

Now….about those penalties.

2 Likes

“ ‘Dana Holgorsen is our football coach,’ UH board of regents chairman Tilman Fertitta told the Houston Chronicle on Monday."

Doesn’t really say much to me.

7 Likes

That doesn’t sound like a ringing endorsement.

13 Likes

Blah…blah…blah.

The article doesn’t exactly paint a glowing picture of confidence from the UH’s leadership.

There’s some very juicy tidbits in there.

It sounds like Dana is getting an evaluation period for the rest of the season. And seems like he will be on a short lease entering big 12 play.

Furthermore, it looks like he’s being nudged to take over play calling duties. He NEEDS to do this. It’s EXACTLY why he’s here.

15 Likes

Nothing has changed

2 Likes

This board recognizes billionaire-speak when we read it.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s the big take away from the article along with we can’t buy him out yet. Again Dana was a good offense coor then did well at west vir so I hope it’s true.

1 Like

As mentioned in another thread, when a coach is let go, there is always a negotiation of the contract.

1 Like

If Tilman can’t afford a $19MM hit, the Rockets are in trouble.

2 Likes

If Tilman has to give his vote of confidence then , things are much worse than I thought, the guy has lost the locker room.

3 Likes

Still proud to be a Cougar

6 Likes

What did y’all expect him to say? “listen man we are broke we can’t afford to fire this man”

10 Likes

“Barring a total collapse over the final seven games, the belief inside UH circles is that Holgorsen will be given at least one more year as the school transitions to the Big 12. That comes with some caveats, namely that Holgorsen does not lose the locker room, the team shows improvement during the final two months, and Holgorsen considers assuming offensive play-calling duties.”

5 Likes

Considers?? Should be mandatory!

2 Likes

He gone.

6 Likes

What other head coaches call plays?

Mike Leach. I’m pretty sure Kingsbury did.

3 Likes