Tim Brando reports that B1G vote not to play was actually 8-6

REALLY???

NOT 12-2 as was publicized???

I wonder what his source is for that.

The B1G will have some serious egg on its face if this turns out to be true!

https://twitter.com/TimBrando/status/1295040363661533187

4 Likes

I’m a actually surprised the “official vote” wasn’t unanimous. When it was clear that the vote wasn’t going to pass, I thought it would have been unanimous…kind of like how the B12 expansion vote was “unanimous” although certain schools were for it. Nebraska and Iowa State must have been really pissed.

1 Like

Next, they will most likely vote to impeach the 6 university presidents who allegedly voted for playing the season !!

2 Likes

I’m guessing Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin were three voting to play. Maybe PSU too. I believe tOSU and U-M vote together for shutting it down.

1 Like

According to another thread: “Ohio State, Nebraska, Iowa and Michigan are set on playing this fall and exploring options. Illinois and Northwestern are only schools that are not thinking about playing.”

This isn’t over. If Ohio State and Michigan are set on playing, the B1G will not be kicking them out and I can see a reversal vote coming down the pike.

2 Likes

The B1G is in damage control with recruits and players. I don’t believe anything coming from them at this point. No one corrected the 12-2 vote at the time.

4 Likes

I believe this is true.

3 Likes

From the reactions from the coaches level, that close of a vote would make more sense.

Hopefully Justin Field’s movement can flip the Ivory Tower bureaucrats close vote. Make it happen!

3 Likes

Agree, they thought everyone else would follow and they didn’t.

3 Likes

What’s clear in the

@bigten

is division. Commissioner Warren dodged every question & every follow up from

@BTNDaveRevsine

on his own Network. The vote originally leaked as 12-2 to the media, was done so incorrectly. It was 8-6, and it’s impossible politics didn’t play a role.

As I suspected last week, politics was playing a role.

Kevin Warren, the B1G Commissioner probably should not have been so quick to threaten to kick NB out of the conference if they looked to play elsewhere. I thought it was strange that he directed that at NB when OSU basically made similar comments and it appears others are starting to bark the same comments.

4 Likes

I think there could be some buyer’s remorse.

3 Likes

There’s obviously a divide as to whether playing football this season is the right decision but I’m glad that 8 schools in the Big 10 aren’t able to make that decision for the rest of FBS if the other schools reasonably looked at the information and did not reach the same conclusion.

4 Likes

Tim Marlon Brando is in the know.

3 Likes

So maybe U-M, tOSU, PSU, Nebraska and Iowa voted against suspending the season. Too much at stake.

Guessing Rutgers and Maryland went along with the commissioner and Northwestern/Illinois.

1 Like

And I think Minnesota was in the Rutgers, Maryland camp.

2 Likes

So votes from Maryland, Rutgers and Minnesota are keeping Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa and Nebraska from playing? What in the Sam Hill is going on around here.

2 Likes

Maybe the commissioner got orders from higher powers during this special year :sunglasses:.

2 Likes

Back when John Wayne was still around and men were men and women were women, Ohio State and Michigan didn’t ask anyone anything, they just did. You have got to be kidding me, Rutgers??? Maryland??? Telling Ohio State what to do??? Who is in charge here?

4 Likes

Who would the higher power be?

1 Like

Someone, or some group, is responsible for hiring him; that is who he has to answer to.

3 Likes