Time to move on from Tune

Agreed. Stop with the hate fan mail. These kids practice hard, they make mistakes and learn from them. They don’t quit and build on that as a team. The o line will get better when we stop changing their positions, yes that makes them versatile but they need to build on one position and get better before you stop shuffling if you can

7 Likes

It is not as much that Tune can’t run, our offensive scheme sucks.
Until Dana hands the offense over to a young OC, we will suck on offense

Sorry Bill for flagging your post. Was actually trying to ask admin to delete the thread. The typical/weekly constructive critiques of Clayton to be expected. But, this thread crosses the line re “not critcizing” individual players.

4 Likes

The fact that we made a comeback should be impressive, I had a party to do and thought we would lose in a rout, but saw the final score. It made me happy.

1 Like

Math is hard.

I think tune is a good qb from what i’ve seen. We really could have won this game. However I do agree in recruiting some dual threat qbs.

:thinking::smirk:.

1 Like

:upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:.

I agree. As happy as one could be given it was a loss.

1 Like

I’m perplexed that u thought they would less in a rout. You have lower expectations than even I do for current squad. Memphis was missing many reg starters and their defense had not played well at all the last few gms due to missing so many starters.

I think it’s time for some of our fans to stop bashing our QB. You don’t have to like him, but you can keep your bashing to yourself. It helps nothing. It won’t change anything. And most of all, it is undeserved – Tune is a good QB and this loss is a team loss. Our OL has not been able to protect him and yet brought us back. He was not on the field when UM marched down to a winning FG in 28 seconds. So, you guys need to dial it back.

Some of you guys belong with the UT fans.

16 Likes

You have me pegged wrong. I thought we would be destroyed, well to my surprise, they made a comeback. Could have been 50 - 6…but 30 - 27 is much better, if you are going to lose. I have to cut this team a break in a covid year.

2 Likes

The Coogs Offense hasn’t lived up to expectations. Had veteran receiving core coming back, 2 exp rb’s. Just been inconsistent all year long. The defense held Memphis to 23 pts n that should have been good enough to win the game. Very disappointing to say the least.

1 Like

I agree, but I had to be proud of the comeback. That showed some fight to me.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m trying to figure out from your post. You just repeated it, so how do i have u pegged wrong. Now u thought we would lose
50–6…good gosh. They weren’t playing Roll Tide!!

1 Like

No, they were not. I watched the game till about the 27 - 6 score…then my wife had a bunch of stuff I had to do for sons Birthday Parade. I missed to comeback. But I am happy the team didn’t roll over, because, they could have done that like Arizona did.

1 Like

Tune is much, much more of a scrambling QB than 6th year Case was.

In 7 games this year Tune has more rushing yards than Keenum did in any season besides his first.

Tune has 4 games this season that equal or exceed Keenum’s entire last season rushing total.

4 Likes

Tune doesn’t really look like a lead us to a NY6 caliber QB right now, but he’s also not some trash QB that you replace just for the sake of doing it.

He’s probably right around the midpoint-ish for FBS starting QB’s right now. If we have a better option next year, that’s great. However, we probably don’t have a better option.

3 Likes

I hate to disagree with you, but Case was a scrambler from Jumpstart. Case could feel the pressure like he had eyes behind his back and would run at the right time. I wouldn’t compare Tune to Case, because Case just had the knack to escape like I have never seen anyone. There is a reason why He is the all time leader in passing in college football. But his scrabblability is the main reason why he was able to find more targets and extend plays with positive yards. Tune should be looked at on what he is doing, not compared to one of UHs all time greats.

3 Likes

I think it depends on how we’re defining “scrambling” and “dual threat”, which was the post I was replying to.

I agree Case’s pocket awareness and ability to evade pressure with quick instincts were unmatched, as was his ability to read the defense and to quickly get the ball out of his hands.

He wasn’t much of a runner after his first year, though, and wasn’t a runner at all in his 6th year after the ACL surgery.

Tune’s pocket awareness was very bad last year and I think it’s improved some this season. Hopefully it’s even better next year.

2 Likes