To the Old Coogs who waited 27 years

Welcome back. Glad you lived long enough to see this. Wish the others could have seen this too.

I’m sure your disconnected classmates are gonna be asking for tickets.

35 Likes

2 Likes

This is so awesome. Now we must win the game that we all want to win the most.

4 Likes

I started UH in 1994.
The current and future students will never know what it was like. That’s a good thing. Now lets go win some games

9 Likes

I moved to Houston the first year Coogs won the SWC, I was at the first home game the next season, I was at the last game of the SWC at Rice, at the last home game in the Dome, at the last home game at Robertson, and barfed through the first home game at TDECU. It’s time, Cougars, it’s time.

12 Likes

I was 48 years old when we left The SWC.

When I attend a game next Fall I will be 76.

Cannot wait!

15 Likes

Oh yeah. We are back:

This is how it was done back in the day. You young ones never got to watch the Coogs in the SWC or Soul Train.

I trued to master this move but just ended up hurting my neck.

8 Likes

Yes, it feels good.

I’m a '90s UH student also and totally relate…dark dark days…makes this day oh so sweeter

7 Likes

Yep, was there for the SWC and it’s great to be back in the major leagues. Took way too long.

My fondest memory, beating A$M and Horns in 76.

5 Likes

Not too far behind you Robert…I will be 75 and can’t wait for all this to finally transpire!

5 Likes

I’m 42 and I hope we dominate the Big 12 until I’m well older than 75!!! :grin:

Go Coogs!

5 Likes

I’ll only be 69 when the season kicks off.

3 Likes

I’m a 90’s student and can relate, except for the “old” part

3 Likes

One of these was in the “tape deck”……so it’s been a minute.

6 Likes

started in 06, kudos to the OGs for sticking it out!

2 Likes

Don’t worry you will get there! Go Coogs

2 Likes

I was there for the last game of the SWC against Rice and everything since. I’m 64 now. Glad I made it this long to get back to relevance again. The future is bright for you young fans. Enjoy!

I remember it breaking up and it sucked but when I found out the Cusa teams we’d play, I thought , ok, we can run the table and schedule 4 great OOC games nationally and be different and maybe like Miami of the big East. We did win conf that first yr with a fun ooc slate and I thought we’d continue and generally dominate making it not so bad. We soon didn’t and played down to competition, recruiting went to Cusa level and teams played us like the super bowl in conf so it soon snow balled into a big s…,t storm of misery. So my guess is with the big 12, we will get fired up to play every conf game, recruit to that level , making bowls in the league and a conf championship here and there. It’s gonna be tough but as long as we go bowling and have winning seasons mixed in the losing ones, I think we will enjoy this more bc now if we lose, it’s to respected teams . This is what UT is going to see in the sec. They hated losing to big12 teams but maybe are ok losing to sec ones.

2 Likes

It’s been a long time coming ……

CSN@ Y

1 Like