To those that predicted that we'd get blown out

Oh yea Michigan beat us really bad 60+ twice and we only scored one time under Jenkins and just as bad under Briles and also to OU by a really bad score.

I get all that and I expected we’d have trouble in the first half but do better in the 2nd. Carrel did NOTHING to prepare the team for a triple-o offense.

On the other hand, there was nothing wrong with our O-line going into the game and they gave up what, 8-10 sacks. What the H were they doing for the past three weeks, hanging out in an opium den? They sure played like it!

Fire CMA, pay the money. Hire an FCS coach who has shown he can win championships and let him bring in his own people. No more charity cases.

As long as it isn’t UH vs Army 2018 all over again it will be an improvement!

Yes.

UH ended up playing 4 losers in Sep. All losers and UH only won 3 of the 4 games.

Defensively yes, on the offense, no. Plenty of teams win with backup Freshmen QBs. Tune was prepared, the O-line and RBs couldn’t handle Armys D-line and #19.

Ties 66-10 vs UCLA in 1997

I give Army all the credit but they had the clear upper hand considering what UH was dealing with.

Comparing box scores from the Arizona game, the following defensive players didn’t play today:

Isaiah Johnson
Garrett Davis
Ed Oliver
Isaiah Chambers
Payton Turner
Jerard Carter

D’Eriq King was a huge loss on offense. His contribution couldn’t at all be overrated. Recall at the start of the season UH had that early season 40+ point consecutive run. I think Tune, in what, his third start was a clear disadvantage for UH.

And then the disarray at both the DC, and at OC with Briles interviewing (allegedly) everywhere.

Army looked amazing and they’re ranked #22 for a reason, but 56 points better is a symptom of what Houston was dealing with.

That same UCLA team Beat Texas A week after us, 66 - 3…

All true…and all happened on CMA’s watch !!

1 Like

I remember that UCLA 66-3 win in DKR. Even had the front page of the Austin Statesman which had that score in ten bold print pinned to my wall. Had no idea Houston faced them right before wow what a coincidence.

Let’s see if Major (who was on that UT team) suffers the same fate as his coach at the time.

At least we scored a TD against that UCLA team!

You weren’t watching the final month of the season if you expected this team to be motivated.

1 Like

I think they had Cade McNown and Karim Abdul Jabber on that team. Both went on to play in the pros.

Wondering what happened to UH in 1997… I was in high school and definitely recall the year before they went to a good bowl with Antoine Smith leading the way.

Mr crybaby. At the post game he was wining about UH was acting like the wanted to hurt him…yeah, it’s football guy, not a girly sport. Couldn’t stop laughing at that Crybaby, but he did make it to the NFL…

Won the conference in 1996, but it was with a 7-5 record

That’s the thing; excuses can continue to be made, but the overriding theme in the program is chaos. That falls on the head coach.

1 Like

OP Ryon you have nothing to apologize for. I appreciate the optimists on this board who combat my realism. I wish I was wrong today I really do. It doesn’t make the situation better to be right. I’d much rather our boys win.

2 Likes

I feel the same way I wish I would have been wrong about today, but the way we finished on defense plus King being out I expected this to be bad, but not worst loss ever bad.

Well next year we will have Chambers and Turner back on the line and the true freshman will have had 9 months to bulk up.

In my 55 years as a UH fan, this was the worst winning season in our history. In hindsight, it would have been better not to have played the bowl game than to endure FBS humiliation on national television to a service academy program.

1 Like