Todd Orlando - Only DC with 2 players with 20+ Tackles for Loss in 2014-2015

We have a very good DC:

1 Like

That’s why he gets paid like a boss too.

I don’t know if he wants to be an HC, but he’ll be very difficult to hang onto if we have another great season.

A very good P5 will offer him a defensive coordinator position, or he’ll be the top man at another G5 program.

1 Like

Orlando was very loyal to Randy Edsall at UConn. Stuck with him from 1999 to 2010.

It will be interesting to see if he wants to hitch his wagon to Herman, or whether he wants to be a head coach. He has spoken about how Herman is a special combination of strategist and motivator, and that those are the guys with whom you want to work.

He’s already turned down opportunities at Pitt (where he grew up) and Wisconsin (where he played) to coach with Herman. I have a feeling it will take a lot more than money to pry him away.

I agree. I could be wrong but there seems to be a sense of a lot more loyalty and establishing a legacy with this staff.

Todd Orlando could very well be our next head coach…if Herman eventually takes a high profile gig when urban retires or whatever…I could see Orlando being the guy.

The guys demeanor with players is incredible. He commands respect and exudes intensity, without cursing and screaming in guys faces all the time. Our group sat behind the defensive huddle at Tulsa and you can see when he talks everyone listens. This really holds true for the other defensive assistants we saw too.

1 Like