Tom Herman is available

I mean, if we could put our egos aside…

12 Likes

Yeah, but make him get his own loaner car this time so we don’t have to pick it up at the airport the next go around :rofl: Sorry, too easy but we may have kept his urine color charts in a storage closet somewhere on campus. Too be honest, it was Levine’s recruiting that made Herman look like a genius. I was one that was down on Levine because he could not get a decent offensive coach to stay but I also admit he could recruit talent when you look back. Maybe not head coach material but he could recruit and coach special teams.

4 Likes

But what about our guy’s urine colors?

1 Like

Yeah, Levine could recruit mid level recruits…but…he could not coach them to their ability and beyond. Dickie did the same thing in basketball.

They can both go and never coach again regardless of how nice of a guy they were.

1 Like

No argument and agree he was over his head as a head coach.

1 Like

Can Tom Herman play quarterback?

4 Likes

He was arrogant, emotional and was always looking for the next best paycheck, but man, he got this city excited for cougar football and had our teams competitive.

I’d bring him back. But I’m in my feels right now and I’ll probably change my mind after I sleep.

17 Likes

If he could win like he did I’d bring him back, but the way that he one was something that I don’t think can be reproduced here (just as he couldn’t reproduce it at UT). It was a certain magic based on an illusion. Hard to pull that off twice.

4 Likes

Sumlin and Briles are available as well.

10 Likes

He wouldn’t come back here…

Say what you will about Herman, but at least he didn’t harbor rapists.

2 Likes

Sumlin had rapists?

Come on guys, I bet this time he would stand outside the stadium and kiss everyone on the cheek as they enter to get a second chance. Sorry for sarcasm but don’t trust the guy.

3 Likes

Haha

1 Like

If he put us back at the level he had us at…f it. We don’t have to trust him I’d rather take a winning a hole back than this.

4 Likes

For the love of all that’s holy… At least Applewhite had us above .500

4 Likes

God that stings.

3 Likes

The whole trust thing goes with recruiting. Herman did not really show he could recruit and left a lot of holes when he jumped ship. I liked the suggestion others had about poaching Fritz from Tulane with a Big XII invite. I will correct myself on one point that I think it was Herman that got Ed Oliver to stay home.

Sure we all know it was kind of a fraud winning record… But it was a winning record, way more fun.

1 Like

He could help demo the old locker room.

3 Likes