Tom Herman stresses he deceived no one at UH before taking UT job

Amazing epic flame out of all time, at least concerning his career in football.
Herman joined the Chicago Bears coaching staff in 2021 as an offensive analyst and special projects coach.[13] He was not retained by new head coach Matt Eberflus for the 2022 season.[14].

Fired from the Bears.

He is a millionaire though so there is that. Greatest con man of all time.

5 Likes

Dude. This article was from 2017. You probably had to search for this. Let it go.

4 Likes

Anecdotally, he should not have difficulty getting another job. I know fans at a number of P5 schools that would be interested.

I got into a discussion a while back when I said that he might actually be a fit for the (then-open) Temple job. I had fans from UCLA and Georgia Tech saying he should just wait for a job like UCLA or Georgia Tech.

Why are we still talking about this clown

6 Likes

I tend to agree. In the eyes of UT boot lickers like Hermy boy, we are “no one”.

who cares lock thread

1 Like

ngl bet herman just knew that b12 wasn’t going to add houston so he jumped ship to coach at a p5 and be the head coach at UT.

Met an ohio state grad who wasn’t pissed when Herman left to coach here, mentioned we shouldn’t be pissed for the same reason. He coached at his alma mater lol.

Biggest hot take is that I still believe he shouldn’t have been canned from Texas. I called it at the beginning of the season though and got roasted by fellow UT students (was in a grad program there but hated it)

dude, I didnt pin the original article. It was done by the original poster. Catch up!

The NEW data I was providing is that Herman lost his job with the Chicago Bears.

2 Likes

Ummmm, did you post the same comment on the D’Ofrino thread that is currently running?
What’s wrong with you guys anyway?

Well , going forward, we won’t have that issue of not being p5

The only reason I know this is because you brought back a 5 year old thread

I dont mind, we obviously ended up in a better position than he did

1 Like

Does he still say that the University of Houston is the best school in the country?

We may talk too much about old coaches and UT during the football season, but during the off-season it makes sense to have wider parameters of discussion.

1 Like

I’ve enjoyed reading this thread. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Great rehash.

I actually liked herman and wouldn’t have minded him going to UT if he had done it the right way.

He simply could have made it clear that UT was the dream job. That’s it. Most of us would have been annoyed but we would have understood.

Instead, he’s out manipulating his players and boosters, speaking in half truths and making g cringe worthy interviews. It was embarrassing.

2 Likes

I know that. I didn’t reply to you. I just commented. Your comment wasn’t there. We must have been commenting about the same time and you hit enter first. No need to be rude.

Herman was the right coach at the right time; could he have handled his departure better, of course. We just have to let sleeping dogs lie at this point.

The dude is sitting pretty with a couple of milly in the bank and could easily land a middle tier college HC job; however, he will never recapture the spark or level of success he had at UH.

4 Likes

I’d rather Tom Herman had coached at UH than had not. Im not pleased with how he left but I think he did a fantastic job while here.

and im not upset about this thread update either, I was kind of curious about what he was up to these days.

3 Likes

yes, I could have done something like you and started a new thread but I had one post to make and that was Vermin lost another job. The original thread was about him so there you go. Why dont you give it a rest and go pick wings off of flies or something similar?