Tomorrow’s AP poll

Except you are forgetting Michigan State is right behind us. Michigan State COULD leap ahead of us with a road win against Michigan. If Michigan State wins, I’ll do a similar break down of Michigan State vs Houston like I did with the coin flip comparison I did with Houston and Tennessee.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing about Michigan State jumping us. If we keep winning, then things take care of themselves. We are so far from the days of “if” we will make the Big Dance. Pretty crazy how things have turned the corner the last two years.

6 Likes

Too much being made on whether the AP writers put UH at 7,8,9 etc… As long as Coogs keep winning all will be Very Good. No one will ever be completely satisfied…just too much variance, it will never be perfect system. I’m more looking to see if on 3/17 they will be in Tulsa Region so my wife/I can plan a road trip we would like to make. #GoCoogs

2 Likes

In tournament play net ranking is the most important.

2 Likes

#7 in AP.
#6 in Coaches Poll.

1 Like

We will probably drop to about #21 due to lack of quality losses.

12 Likes

Lol…yes…the more quality losses, the better your rank! Where is Seth Davis when you need him?!

3 Likes

I won’t be mad if we are at least 9 again tomorrow. But if LSU jumps us I am going to lose it.

2 Likes

Where is Michigan in this? Even if they lose today I dont think they drop out of top 11.

1 Like

I would guess 12 maybe 11

1 Like

Won’t happen. They lost to Fl earlier in week. Plus over 300 pts behind UH in AP poll when week started. That would be a lot to make up esp when they went 1-1. I think too much thought is put into where College basketball Writers have you positioned. You will see some big disparity sometimes but the ‘mean’ will always win out. Couple voters may have Coogs at #14 or 16 but majority have them in the 8-10 range, guess what #9 it is. One or two votes will not throw off the placement where majority are voting.

1 Like

With the Michigan loss…#7.

3 Likes

Houston: (home record/neutral site record/road record)
vs top 10: NA/NA/NA
vs next 15: 1-0/NA/NA
vs next 25: 2-0/NA/1-1
vs next 50: 5-0/NA/3-0

Michigan State:
vs top 10: NA/NA/1-0
vs next 15: 2-0/0-1/1-2
vs next 25: 2-0/1-0/4-0
vs next 50: 2-1/NA/1-1

I feel like Michigan State’s win today on the road against Michigan only cancels out their home loss to Indiana but that still leaves the road loss to Illinois being worse than our road loss to Temple.

I’m going to go with:
5 North Carolina
6 Tennessee
7t Houston
7t Michigan State
9 Michigan
10 Marquette

*Not how I would vote but how I think the vote will turn out.

3 Likes

Seth Davis has us at #7! and Jon Rothstein at #6! If Seth Davis put us at 7! I’m expecting at least 7 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

64 AP voters out there and the focus on Seth by Coog fans is unreal. It’s like being the prettiest girl at the ball and being focused on the only guy that doesn’t ask you to dance.

Woah Seth Davis about time. Takes a big man to admit you were wrong.

2 Likes

Nothing will surprise me since the voters like to completely discount the losses from teams in certain conferences. However no way LSU should jump us after losing this week to a non ranked team.
I do not really think MSU should jump us but my fear of them winning today is that they and Michigan would be in front of the Googs.

What should happennis we jump Michigan, Tenn and Nevada but sexpect an 8 or 9 seed.

Your reading too much into the Seth Davis chatter. He had us #11 last week so only 2 slots off where they ended at #9. He’s moved us up over last 5 weeks once he saw what he needed to see in his EYES. Last 5 weeks Davis vote on Coogs:
#18, #17, #14, #11, #7

1 Like

Joey Knight Voter from Florida bumped us up from 9 to 7 :). My guess is solid 7. Jesse Newell (our lowest voter) matches Kenpom rank…so he will.move us from 18 to 16. Michigan state did not move in kenpom (4th all week) this week.

Fyi… Joey Knight is Beat Writer for USF