#4 up from #6 last week

Seth Davis voter:
#15 up from #18 last week

Jeff Borzello voter:
#4 stayed at 4

3 Likes

Seth is a joke that is not funny!

8 Likes

I read an article over the weekend that popped up and they slighted us in that article as well… “It said the Cougars are currently ranked #6 despite having only played 4 games.”

2 Likes

Jeff Borzello #4 same as last week

2 Likes

Same folks run around with people that just put 6-0 Ohio star in the playoffs.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1341066376115589121

thats ridiculous 2 teams lost in front of us we should move up, what a load of crap

2 Likes

Let’s just hope we’re healthier when we play Temple this week.

1 Like

We need to win some more games before we start throwing furniture from the balcony. Its a long season. We want to be top 4 at the end.

9 Likes

Iowa lost to Gonzaga. No issue with them staying ahead of us. Michigan State did fall below us. Nova jumped us. I thought that it could happen. They blew out Butler and Saint Joe’s this week. We played Alcorn State. No issue with how the rankings shaped up this week.

3 Likes

I’m fine with #6. I mean…we’re number 6 in the nation!!! I don’t care that we didn’t move up. We moved up without playing anybody the week before. Even though we won by 33, I don’t think we did enough in the game to deserve moving up. Offensively, we were very sloppy, which is understandable considering the circumstances. IF we would have looked like a well oiled machine and won by 50, we could have moved up. This game really didn’t tell the voters much (IMO).

3 Likes

Correct! And as CKS has said, these early season rankings don’t really mean very much. Let’s get healthy and try to be Covid free with our players for AAC conference play.

We got over 100 more points this week. 1272 total points, after a win against temple and UCF we’ll be great in more people minds

4 Likes

We’re in the conversation. This is the stratosphere that we were dreaming about just a few years ago.

So nice to have that Top 10 ranking to help with recruiting.

5 Likes

#6 is fine since the team was out 2 weeks and still not full strength

2 Likes

Not only that, there is some separation between 6 & 7 in the polls. There’s 63 voters in the AP poll. So I always look for 63 points between positions. We went from a barely #6 to a solid #6. We also went from 120 points out of 5th to 32 points out of 5th. So, while we may still be #6, we are moving up.

8 Likes

Also. 3 AAC teams in Rothstein’s top 45. Neither one being Cincy or Memphis. What a let down those two teams have been this season.

4 Likes

SMU is way undervalued imo

4 Likes

Oh. I agree. They’re a top 25 team, IMO.

3 Likes

If you had offered me before the season a number 6th ranking prior to conference play…I would have taken it.

I am a little surprised we didn’t drop because we hadn’t played.

2 Likes