Top 5 AP Poll - Voters Thus far

Gonzaga and Baylor are on a different level than everyone else, from what I’ve seen so far.

2 Likes

Looking at the two polls, we’re a solid 5. More so in the AP, where we’re on average more that one position per ballot from #6 . A little less in the coaches poll. There is a little separation between 4 and 5. It’s going to take a loss by Kansas and/or Villanova for us to move up. I don’t know if we would pass Gonzaga or Baylor even if they lose.

That’s what I was basically saying above.

Those two schools look like the obvious #1 and #2, and it’ll be a freak accident if that changes.

HOWEVER, I do think that we could possibly get as high as #3 by the end of the season if everything goes right.

I don’t think this team has scratched the surface yet. When Tech plays Baylor we will have a better idea. Kansas can’t hold us from what I’ve seen of them. We didn’t even play all that great and cruised by ucf. Still have much to work on. Sasser and Grimes and Jarreau can guard anyone up top. The freshman can too when he wants to.

3 Likes

I don’t know how to act right now.

2 Likes

Well the #'s say you can act like a 5 year old !! :grin: :grin:

1 Like

The team is in great position to get a #1 seed. And, knock on wood, an undefeated regular season is not implausible. Just amazing how far the program has come.

1 Like

Hoping KU destroys UT next weekend after UT had a long break in games played. If UT wins, they might jump UH.

2 Likes

Baylor has one win over a ranked team and it is Illinois who is #15 and they beat them by 13.

We have one win over a ranked team and it is Texas Tech who is #13 and we beat them by 11.

I am not buying into the Baylor as invincible just yet. Who except for Illinois have they played?

1 Like

Nobody special but they have blown everyone the F out. Given the scheduling issues we know a lot less about most teams than we normally would at this time in the season. They’ll be tested soon.

Just keep winning, thats all we have to do.

Tulsa is good, especially at their place. SMU may be even tougher. One at a time. If our shooting is off, we could easily lose both games.

6 Likes

We need to keep beating teams in our conference by double digits, especially on the road. The UCF game is the worst we’ve looked all year and we won by 9 on the road. All we can do is keep taking care of our business. I just hope we continue to do it in convincing fashion.

We will be hard pressed to get a 1 seed with our remaining schedule. We would probably have to go undefeated, which seems highly unlikely. But a 2 seed would still put us in great shape for hopefully a deep run in March.

7 Likes

Agreed :100:

1 Like

It’s exciting to be #5, BUT, I’m not going to begin thinking “what if” those above UH lose, so that UH moves up. No sir! That only happens if UH continues to win and stay unblemished. I’m not falling into that bad karma.

I intend to look to UH’s next game and hope that the Coogs play good enough to win it. The resulting rankings fall where they may; however, starting at #5 sure helps a LOT when the first loss comes.

BEAT TULSA!!

2 Likes

This isn’t football where we need the best teams to fail so we can get in. One reason why basketball is fun till the end of the season

3 Likes

SMU is probably the 2nd best team in the conference and undefeated. Should be a BIG test for our Coogs on the road.