Top Grossing Football Programs

UH comes in at 5th for all G5 programs.

Guess who is no 1 in P5! Go ahead… make my day!

Lol. I am not arguing the facts, but in my perception, Ut doesn’t jive with that income. Maybe its the long term underperformance but I’m just not seeing it. P5 money, LHN account for some of it, but I don’t see the rabid fandom like SEC schools etc. This is purely my perception. I was in Eugene for a college visit with my son and felt more support as we drove around Portland for Oregon than here for Ut - if that makes sense. I am starting to question some of these lists.

Of course, the top G5 teams don’t crack the bottom of the P5s - that sweet sweet TV money at play

7 of the top 10 G5 teams are in AAC, 8 of the top 15. I figured UCF would be 1st, but didn’t figure SMU would be ahead of us.

West Virginia was at the very bottom of the P5 teams. In that perspective, Dana was doing very well to have them doing as well as he did being at such a disadvantage. I can also see why he would rather be at a school playing on a level field with its peers.

4 Likes

Never underestimate the power of T-shirt fans.

I see more longhorn shirts, stickers and hats as I do anything else.

It’s a top brand, whether we like to admit it or not.

1 Like

I don’t notice this anecdotally where I’m at. Feels like more aggie stuff and lsu stuff but then again I’m on northeast side of town

1 Like

My UT tee shirt is fantastic. I use it exclusively to check my oil…

8 Likes

Yes, the smu numbers make this entire list suspicious.

4 Likes

I am impressed with Colorado St at $25M. I can’t say I think too much about them at all. Clearly others do.

Not too shabby compared to P5 Colorado with revenue between 32.5M and 45M.

1 Like

Um, that would be Dirty Harry University. But that isn’t correct, is it?

Well said… and to wipe off the dip stick…

1 Like

And to wipe my butt with it since we can’t get toilet paper! Lol

2 Likes

There is nothing orange in my house or on my property.

3 Likes

If the numbers include donations, then I can totally believe it. They have well heeled alumni that aren’t stingy with their donations to SMU sports. I remember back in the 70’s when we were trying to get over a million, SMU had a drive and pulled in over $25,000,000.00. What would that be today?

3 Likes

Was any of that money in the form of New Cars ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

With you. There is literally NOTHING in my house, car , office, world…that is orange. I would rather have an open barrel of Benzene in my living room than have a square inch of anything orange…

1 Like

I’m shocked to see SMU’s and where is that 19 million for UH coming from? Attendance? Lol

1 Like

Yeah but they aren’t the same SMU as back then though? They were a powerhouse back then and have been mediocre for the last decade in a weaker conference with subpar attendance ( similar to us)

1 Like

Admittedly, I do have orange juice in my refrigerator, but I’ll try to amend my evil ways.

1 Like

If they are doing this list right it should largely be conference payouts (i.e. broadcast rights, tourney credits (maybe?), cfp revenue etc) + gate revenue + selling third tier rights as applicable (i.e. Longhorn Network) + licensing (i.e. t-shirts) + donations. I think mandatory student fees may be included based on these numbers, but I don’t view that as a program generating revenue.

Also, I’m not sure how you just come up with these numbers for football because media rights, licensing, etc., and to an extent donations aren’t really set up that way, even though football drives a lot of it.

Straight hilarious fyre hidden directly above

1 Like