Tulsa game is not about Dana

My SO will have extra clothes packed, or seat backs in the correct vehicle, alarm set, just to make sure we get to the game on time . . . . .

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1595565652776976384?t=rFhRGUmdnzuFU49qU5VRhw&s=19

6 Likes

Just curious.
Did any of you got an email from our alumni department about this final home game or any other games?
I sure did not neither have my U of H longtime friends.
I regualry receive emails about donations and maybe once a year about a U of H party in
Houston.

I got a reminder to dl my tix and I got this ad

I get two or three for every home game.

I agree the game is about the Seniors, but if we lose to Tulsa, the moment the game is over it’ll be about CDH.

2 Likes

If Belk holds them under 80 everyone with a ticket gets a free 4Loko

1 Like

And they are absolutely terrible at it. UH really needs to think about going to outside companies for Marketing and Ticketing becuase it is had been really bad for years. It still bogs my mind why we dont set ticket prices up to fill up the 300 levels especially the corners on the home side. Lower the prices for tickets on the 300 corners and stop raising prices in middle 300 sections each year and if do raise only for the chairbacks on the home upper deck. The familg plans should be targeted to the upper 300 home corners to fill in. Coach Sampson’s daughter is trying to set things up in Fertitta Center that fans altenate wearing red and white by section for the Coogs vs Bama game. It is an indictment on the UH Marketing Department that with all the big corporations and companies that give to UH that they can’t find one that sees a good marketing opportunity to pay to have 7000 thirts made for oje game with UH facing an SEC team on a big time network. That should be a huge marketing opportunity for a company but the Main UH Marketing Department be like

6 Likes

I’ve gotten several . . . . . but my tickets are in someone else’s name . . . . .

Should have had enough of their relatives, too . . . . .

1 Like

A good friend of mine did not ask permission. He did ask . . . . . UH BB & FB or sex? She told him to wear red . . . . .

Cut the AD budget and give the university back its funds.

Some love to preach to the choir

it makes them feel better.

2 Likes

How many threads are you going to bash them in?

Maybe you should apply for the job.

They deserve the bashing. I am sure the ticketing department will be a mess this Saturday with both Basketball and Football home games. Marketing is just basically lets make a commercial for UH that only airs during televised games. No thought of could pay to run those ads on local channels once in a while maybe during local news times for one. Also we will put up a couple of billboards around town and that should do it. No imagination and thinking outside the box for Athletics that is competiting against so much entertainment options in one of the nations largest cities. The whole the crowds will come when we our winning only takes you so far

4 Likes

I think college marketing in a big city starts with name brands. They could have marketed Tune and Dell. But the underlying issue is you don’t have that AA player that people outside of UH want to drive across town to see in the absence of a national contender. McCaskill was potentially that guy. You could have driven a lot of interest off him. But with his injury Dana, Inc. doesn’t have signature recruit that people want to see. And I don’t think they will have that guy any time soon. A D’eriq King or Ward would drive marketing. But you need a staff big enough to land that guy. I don’t think this staff can go head-to-head with big programs to land that marquee guy. JMO

So you’re left with driving enthusiasm off of winning and nothing else.

1 Like

Whatever she’s into

:man_shrugging:

https://twitter.com/uhcougarfb/status/1596292651627827205?s=61&t=AT36wPG6qXr-xvu6ABzwsQ

1 Like