Tune

Tune will go down in UH history as top 5 QB…

5 Likes

I dont know man. Top 5 would be tough, not a knock against Tune either. I love him, we just have such a rich qb history.

Off the top of my head no particular order
Ware
Keenum
Klingler
Ward
Kolb

But still a special moment for UH football right now and we dont need to compare it to others to enjoy it

10 Likes

That means he would have to rate higher than at least 2-3 of Ware, Klingler, Keenum, Davis, Ward, Kolb, and Mullins. We’ll have to see what happens next year, but he has a mountain to climb.

2 Likes

Tune throws a perfect spiral bullet but needs to quit throwing into double coverage. Last night when at the Memphis 20 with less than 5 minutes to go all we needed was a field goal to make it a two-score game and he forced a ball that was intercepted and gave Memphis some hope. Luckily our defense stepped up and stopped them to a 4 and out and they punted.

5 Likes

Of those only QB’s ive seen play are Keenum and Ward and he sure as hell isnt ahead of them

10 Likes

Nope

1 Like

Yep. He panicked, forced a throw, and regressed to the Tune of old. Hopefully new Tune is back for good now.

One thing he did beautifully last night was lead receivers so that they would catch the ball in stride. He really is coming on. Definitely don’t think he’s top 5 at this point, but if he improved for next season at the rate he has this season, maybe he could be.

2 Likes

Tune will go down as one of the few QBs to lead us to a 13-1 season (and maybe another one next year too), but top 5 is really a stretch

4 Likes

The original post said Top 5 QB, there’s more to being a top flight QB than just passing statistics.

1 Like

I was disappointed we didn’t get a chance to get that field goal also after the interception.
But from my angle it looked like defensive back made a great recovery and interception.
But hey we had two possible touchdown passes dropped that could have put the game away earlier

6 Likes

Help us out here

Winning, leadership, running, game management, intangibles, etc. Danny Davis won two SWC championships when the conference was almost on par with the SEC today, and he was probably the best leader we have ever had at the QB position plus a great runner and escape artist, but he won’t be found among the leaders in passing.

12 Likes

If you don’t understand then I probably can’t help you. Perhaps leadership, work ethic, intelligence, confidence, accountability, speed, quickness, accuracy, allusiveness.

2 Likes

Danny Davis couldn’t hold Tune Jock…8000 yards passing vs 3000 yds passing… Davis rushed for 900 yds and Tune 700

Are you saying Tune is deficient in your chosen adjectives…enlighten us
You do realize he’s a finalist in the Earl Campbell award this year…look up what that’s all about

Id take Danny Davis in a heartbeat over Tune. Different offense of course, but as a winner there’s no comparison, not even close.

11 Likes

I was correct, you are helpless in this regard.

2 Likes

The problem with a top 5 list is the point of reference. My generation would include Mullins and Nobles. let’s just say he will join the pantheon of great UH quarterbacks.

3 Likes