Tune

just ask the aggies and nebraska about Elston.

10 Likes

Exactly Elston had the misfortune or fortune of following Danny D

I’m in with Tune still behind Jimmy Klingler and Chuck Clements.

Maybe next year will change that. I’ll hope for it.

2 Likes

Klingler had negative rushing yards and Tune had 1000 yards So far…as well as better passing yards…stop pulling This stupid stuff from your arse

Stop BEING an arse…jesus…

4 Likes

Its not always about who you play but also other guys stepping up…Clayton has awesome talent. In 2 weeks if Cincinnati absolutely dominates the line of scrimmage its not going to matter who the qb is.

Are you about 12?

Mind you, Klingler wasn’t playing against Grambling, Tulsa, Tulane, et al.

I just pulled that out of you know where for your midnight snack.

2 Likes

Tune seems to do well in rhythm. But when Memphis rushed three and he had ALL DAY to sit in the pocket, he would get nervous and run out of the pocket creating pressure.
The int was and example of forcing a throw. But also Dell dropped a td pass on the previous play.

1 Like

Tune needs to be back for another year and work on his game.

Letting the clock run out at the 4 yard line was costly … the game could have been put away … then throwing that pass into the end zone into triple coverage for an INT YIKES …

His scrambling to get open and then find his open receiver has been one of his better moves … he HAS IMPROVED … so hopefully his bad habits will become a thing of the past… hopefully …

I don’t like to grade past QBs they were good when we had them … they ALL had good qualities and some flaws … Tom Bradys they were not … heck even ole corn dog has his good days

2 Likes

@RedDragonCoog hasn’t chimed in so I’ll say it instead. Tune’s name starts with the wrong letter so he’ll go down as a very competent QB, but he can’t be great, not with that name. Now if he changed it Kune, or Wune, well then we can talk about it.

3 Likes

Absolutely. He came in relief and won those two games for us and came close against Texas.
Kind of Postma did for us against Memphis when he helped us come back!
And speaking of great UH quarterbacks I would put Delrick Brown up there. He was our starting quarterback on the ‘79, a team that had a legit chance to win a national title had we not lost that home game to UT

1 Like

Yeah it’s just terrible to throw one legit interception in how many games.
I saw Case throw six in one game lol

4 Likes

Hmmm…all this talk about great QB’s and not any mention of King? I heard a lot about how we let the great one get away because CDH didnt handle him properly.

1 Like

Yeoman had some great Veer QB’s including Burris, Mullins, Nobles, Davis, Elston, and Wilson.

None were big time passing QB’s which is all I see listed here.

Which QB best operated the system which UH ran at that time?

The answers are Mullins, Nobles,Davis,Ware, Klingler, Kolb, and…voila! …

Case Keenum.

3 Likes

Tune has had a very solid season but even mentioning in the top 5 at UH at this point is laughable.

4 Likes

His 2018 season was ridic.

Greg Ward is also one of our best QBs ever. He’s top 10 in career passing AND rushing yards. That’s amazing.

2 Likes

QBs throw interceptions. That’s part of football. Parsing every mistake and saying, “I hope he gets rid of that bad habit” is being overly critical. He’s led us to 10 straight wins. I don’t remember a QB doing that for us.

We should be saying, I hope he keeps doing whatever he’s done the last ten games.

4 Likes

I agree