TV Series

I’ve read some lukewarm reviews on NT Would be interested in your take before I dive in Hard to picture NT without Cage.

I am looking forward to the return of "Justified’!

Super excited about Jack Ryan.

I also watched the first episode of The Recruit on Netflix…… many of you might remember the movie :movie_camera: of the same name with Collin Farrell.

First episode has quite a bit of cheese factor , but I saw just enough to watch the next episode.

I’m a Disney diehard and even I’ve found their latest releases off putting. So I’m going to skip National Treasure. But i did enjoy Andor, so there is that.

I thought the second Jack Ryan season was kinda lame with forced story lines and obvious, zero surprise ending.

Did you like the most recent?

The first was the best one so far.

Haven’t started it yet…will probably soon.

I just enjoyed the first season of Gamorrah. Really enjoyed it. Kind of an Italian Sopranos, nice and gritty. FYI - it’s in Italian

1 Like

I just finished season 3 of Jack Ryan—thought it was great….watching it a second time through.

I really like the characters in the show……Greer and November are great.

Watched the first season of The Recruit on Netflix….I almost turned it off midway through first episode, then again towards the end of episode two….a little over the top in cheesiness….but I kept going and wound up enjoying it to be honest.

I’m two episodes into the new Jack Ryan, but that first episode really turned me off. So many things don’t make sense based on geography and politics. How the hell did they go from the Black Sea to Greece overnight??? That has to be at least 700 miles and going through two straits in Turkey! I’m assuming this is an alternate world where the Czech Republic and Greece are not Nato. But it also seems like Ukraine is back under Russian control. Mention of putting missiles on Slovakia’s border, which doesn’t border Russia. I’m wondering if they had some re-writes or edits put in after Russia invaded Ukraine in real life. Maybe took out background about Russia already getting multiple countries back under their wing.

Season one of Jack Ryan and thought it was silly. All the build up just to get to the hospital? Anyone can just get into hospitals.

I’ve had Apple TV+ for about a month. Watched the first season of Ted Lasso and For All Mankind. Lasso is good, will keep watching for sure. I really like For All Mankind! Some intense stuff. Also watched the movie Greyhound which I thought was great.

On a side note with Apple TV, it sucks on Roku. Most times the shows just wont start on there. I’ve had to cast it to my tv a bunch of times. If I get more than five minutes into a show, I can usually switch over to he app on Roku but still hit or miss if that works. I’ve switched many settings and nothing will help, no other apps have a problem. Also for some weird reason the app isn’t available on Roku 4 (but is on 2 and 3). I have an ultra and a 4 so only one tv available to use it. I’m on a free trial and annoyances like this will probably keep me from having it long term.

1 Like

Greyhound was a good movie.

I just watched Devotion last night……you might want to check it out….based on true story.

I already finished Jack Ryan season three….I know a few of y’all critique it and such….I just kinda watch it for what it is and thoroughly enjoy it.

Also enjoy “Echo 3” which is Apple I believe.

Devotion is on Apple?

I didn’t see it in theaters, I joked it was TopGun: The Prequel.

I will look for it on Apple.

Mythic Quest season 3 is out, nit as funny as the previous seasons.

Yes, just came out a few days ago.

Nice!

I just finished season 3 of Jack Ryan. I really liked it. However, there was a little too much of Jack staring into the camera.

I’m going to start season 2 of Hunters soon.

1 Like

I just finished Hunters last weekend……entertaining with serious surprises.

Just now watching Mayor of Kingstown….not sure how it slipped past me.

Amazon did such a great job with Reacher that I’m hoping my other favorite books get their own series; Mitch Rapp (Vince Flynn) or Scot Harvath (Brad Thor).

1 Like

I liked the plot of Reacher but I think it could have been better with a better actor in the title role.

Agree. But he was waaaay more Reacher-like than Tom Cruise.

1 Like