Twinmom does the team get a ring

from the bowl game ? What does “0” think of how the D played especially against a SEC team ? Were you on the field for the trophy presentation ?
Go Coogs !

1 Like

I don’t think the bowl itself gives rings; but as far as I know, every team that won a bowl has gotten a ring, I think paid for by alumni.

Yes, Derek said they get a ring. He’s very excited. He thought they played great even without some key players. Derek played hurt as was a few others nursing some injuries. Imagine if we had all of our players on D 100%!! Just so happy for the team.

53 Likes

Please give the whole group our highest thanks and congratulations ! The SEC players don’t scare this bunch in fact I think our players hit them in the mouth a few times !
Go Bowl Champion,12/2 Cougars !

8 Likes

Yeah… I thought he was nursing his hip in the Cincy game and same thing in this game?

Matter of fact another player parent was sitting next to me at the game and commented why Derek wasn’t in on a play in the 4th quarter and I said I thought he was playing injured.

1 Like

Holding them to 10 points (I think special teams was responsible for one of those 3-pointers, not the defense) is something to hang your hat on! Win or lose, I love watching my Coogs, but this team was really special!

3 Likes

Tmom,
I know it will be months before Derek gets his ring but please post a picture when he does get it! We are so proud !
Go Coogs …Vulcanize them !

4 Likes

Great. Glad they are getting a ring.

This season was particularly special. The early doubt. The threat of illness both with the team and the larger world.

It is particularly sweet this year.

Well deserved.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1478363918175248393?t=qenMnGi9QRLZr0XsZ7-QRA&s=19

7 Likes

3 Likes

Come on Giena there is some uncanny resemblance there…

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEREK!!!

3 Likes

Especially now since he cut his hair short and cleaned up that facial hair!

2 Likes

Happy birthday Derek ! We are so proud of you and your accomplishments !
Go Coogs !

2 Likes

But I thought many folks here said that these bowl games don’t mean squat! So why are they rewarded with a ring?!

1 Like

It’s coming from the university, alumnus and donors.

4 Likes

Well deserved by all…Tmom too !
Go Coogs !

4 Likes

I think Twinmom should get her own ring too. Maybe from Coogfans.

3 Likes

I think both teams were about equal in depletions. We played them man-up and beat them in Big Boy style, punch in the mouth football.

Rings and trophies live forever. Love the idea that Dana’s gang gets both. They’ll never forget that trip I bet.

Victor’s Valiant highlights of the game has 48k views.

3 Likes

They have enjoyed this season. I can say many players have played bumped and bruised this year. The bowl win was icing on the cake and hiring Belk as the DC was a total game changer.

5 Likes

Cheers to your entire family, job well done, and I personally can’t wait to see Cougar Football again in 2022 !!!

2 Likes