TX State: Game Thread

Thread for the Game, hotels, pre-game, tailgates, seats, best Game Signs, travel train. Etc. Go Coogs!

That in mind, We are expecting a true #HtownTakeover ! Most hotels in San Marcos are showing no rooms available.

1 Like

we are driving in and heading back right after the game.

2 Likes

We are leaving Sat morning at 7am. We are taking the take over to the Square! Clean up and go to tailgate. Will post tailgate spot soon.

For anyone who has made the drive to San Marcos recently (I haven’t) what do you think is the best route?

Easy drive. Take I-10. Exit Luling and continue on 80. That will take you to San Marcos. You can’t miss the exit, it’s at Buc-ees! Be sure to stop and represent! Go Coogs!

I am taking my 6 year old daughter on a date to the game. We are leaving about noon returning in Sunday

3 Likes

I was playing with the simulator on Massey, and was shocked to see that there is a scenario in his data where we go over 100 on TXST.

1 Like

I know y’all like this stuff. So About 300-500 tickets remaining on the UH side 2nd deck. Lower bowl sold out. Some still remain on corner TXst side. Whoose House!?

Early line is UH -34 @ Texas State. http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

I say take the points. I have a feeling CTH will play it safe and pull GW Jr. out of the game a little bit earlier than he ordinarily would. That’s enough to keep UH from covering a pretty wide spread.

I hope no one took that advice, because it’s already to -34.5 across the board and -35.5 at one book.

Hauling the tailgate trailer over Friday night. Staying in Wimberley, gonna try to get to tailgate spot 8-9. Was planning on setting up in their Coliseum lot unless somebody has other advice.

1 Like

The spread was about 34 pts when we lost by 17 in Tony’s first game.

1 Like

Anyone know if there’s free parking anywhere within walking distance of the stadium?

The Woods Street and Matthews Street Garages have free parking and I believe a shuttle runs by those locations. Otherwise, it’s about a 20-30 minute walk to the stadium from there

http://www.txstatebobcats.com/sports/2016/8/16/football-game-day-parking.aspx?path=fbgd

Let it go Tristate, CTH is in his second year…

Coach said today at the presser that he was friends with EW, and more importantly his wife is very close to EW’s wife.

Ummm, we aren’t going for style points this week, boys. Don’t lay the points.

Looks like 90% chance of rain during the day… might cancel plans of tailgating and go to Pluckers instead

Looks like scattered storms in the PM. 40%. I am not a weather person though. I can do rain, rain, go away with the kiddos though. :wink:

I won’t be able to arrive until mid-afternoon. Any idea where I might be able to park, preferably within Hays County?