UCF actually has a clear path to the Playoff now

To be fair Brad, when Cincy was 4-0, no one on Coog fans was asking “why isn’t Cincy in the top 25?” Also, 5-0 NC State and Colorado, aren’t fairing much better. If USF and Cincy continue to win, they will skip ahead of 2 loss teams eventually.

1 Like

You put SOS in quotes like it’s not a legitimate thing. It is annoying that SOS is almost impossible to overcome when in non-power conferences but it is a necessary evil when choosing which teams qualify and the seeding for those teams. Even if the CFP only looked at conference champions first and record second, what would be your tiebreaker if there was 3 undefeated conference champs and 5 one loss conference champs? As long as there is less playoff spots than conference champs SOS will always be a necessary tie-breaker.

1 Like

How much does a cfp spot means to a conference?
How much would the AAC get if UCF get into the cfp?
It will be surely more that what we will get getting into a NYE bowl. Check the numbers.
On what basis do you think the cartel change its mind & accept an undefeated UCF?
Why would the ACC invite UCF when FSU, Miami and SEC Teams recruit in that area?
UCF is our twin. We both have obvious upside to join a P5. Both of us are a major thorn in the P5 local Teams. That is why we are both waiting for the golden ticket.
I never wanted us to lose against anybody. In this case UCF being undefeated two years in a row will be the perfect way to expose this scam.

Depends on which 2 loss teams. If Auburn runs the table (very unlikely if not impossible). They won’t only stay ahead of USF and Cincy, they’ll be put above an undefeated UCF in the current system. They’d have a good argument though, in having beat UGA and Bama. Similar argument could be said about TAMU and MissSt.

My biggest gripe in all of this (and I know I’m preaching to the choir) is that yes, give Conf Champs 1st look, then SOS, but also put weight on who they are scheduling (and trying to schedule) in their OOC games. Give UCF some credit for trying to play Bama and Bama having nothing to do with it. Give UH credit for wanting to forgive UT a $2+ million pmt in exchange for scheduled games…and UT cutting the check ASAP.

#pipedream

Frankly, I’m completely satisfied with our conference champion going to the NY6 and beating whoever they throw at us. This year: Miami, LSU, Big12…
Just keep going and winning.
In the mean time, we’ve only won our conference once in 5 years, finishing 5-3 in all other years.
We have more immediate issues to be concerned with.

2 Likes

Here’s the deal…I want the Cougars to succeed at the HIGHEST level. As it currently stands, you must be in the Media driven P5 to be in the conversation unless a G5 program presents a legitimate case to challenge the conventional wisdom of who DESERVES a spot.

UH had a legitimate shot at doing that in 2016 but we blew it and the college football snobs collectively sighed their relief.

Fast forward to 2018, UCF has a shot…and it WILL benefit both UH and the AAC. It would turn college football on its head.

Like i said, I hope for a day when UH’s final win of the season means they won the whole thing…the current environment doesn’t allow for that. UCF breaking through could change that narrative and in the near future .

Of course, I’m not suggesting that UH throw a championship game vs UCF but IF THE STARS ALIGN…it could be a win-win situation.
We win, we get a NY6. UCF wins, they break through for us and the conference.

Again, I’m thinking BIG picture…winning a NY6 bowl would be amazing but come 2019…we will look up and find that same glass ceiling over our heads.

I want to start a season with no ceiling and proving the AAC belongs IS a way to do that.

With equal fervor, I would say we had no shot in hell even undefeated. Just like UCF has no shot.

1 Like

There is a lot of money, power,and influence making sure your scenario never gets discussed. Fun exercise in fantasy football though

You are wrong…we were AP #6 before we lost. Had we kept winning we would have also added a W over Louisville to our case.

You are wrong. The AP does not correlate to the CFP poll in any way for non P5.

Edit: It sucks. If we had gone undefeated, I think we would have deserved it. This system is meant to ensure that only brand schools make it in to the playoffs by holding decisions by P5 brokers behind closed doors.

They consistently rank non-P5 teams lower than the AP, and not a spot or two. Like five spots. The university presidents were sold a heaping pile of **** and told it was steak.

Only the CFP could make the BCS system look fairer.

1 Like

Nobody trumps media outlet conference revenues. There is a future schedule through 2027 that keeps us right where we are at. Can only hope that a seismic explosion from the Big 12 death re-alignment helps in 2024.

Fantasy island football:The Playoffs, The Playoffs.!!!

2 Likes

Cary, you’re right. Anyone thinking UH had a shot at the playoffs in 2016 is simply delusional. UH could have risen to as high as #3 or #4 in the AP poll, but never above #9 or #10 in the playoff rankings.

2 Likes

If UH is ranked, the system has far worse issues, we are not a top 25 team…

I just had to point out the rare instance where I agree with you.

Which was #5 at the time…that is Louisville…

Talk of rooting for UH to lose for the betterment of the conference is treasonous. Even if UCF was rated in the top 5 and UH had not won a game all year, I would never ever root for UH to lose.
Talk of any G5 in the current playoff format is delusional. It would take an undefeated season with at least 2 wins over highly ranked, not just ranked, P5 opponents and at least two losses for 3 of the 5 P5 champs and at least two losses by Notre Dame.

3 Likes

Noticed that one too. The Committee or Star Chamber** is dynamic. They will shift the weight to whichever statistic provides the desired outcome. The benefits of having so many SHELLS I mean statistics.

Exactly!