UCF AD says Big 12 is and will be aggressive in adding Pac 12 schools

No utes huh…

We’ll see if he’s correct tomorrow.

Fox has to be feeding Bowlsby and Yormark some financials here. I can see Fox wanting two strong properties in both the BIG and B12. You know ESPN wants the B12 to go away so OU/UT can be free.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/jasonscheer/status/1544873114604937216

I tagged jason in a tweet to Swaim’s post. I think Swaim has a lot more eyeballs now. lol

2 Likes

Three would be enough to kill the PAC-12!!!

One or more will follow if that’s the case!

We’ll see though. I’ve already been disappointed!

1 Like

Lmao no one knows anything, if someone actually knew something then there would have been some knowledge regarding UT/OU and or USC/UCLA - all these so called “analysts/experts” knew nothing regarding those moves

I’m convinced no one knows anything but that’s just me… but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night & everyone comin’ to join the Coogs

5 Likes

These guys are like the QAnon of conference realignment.

6 Likes

April:

https://twitter.com/mhver3/status/1516166017319411713

Fair enough

Once Friday comes and we have no new news, can we all then agree that Swaim is a hack?

I don’t know why you guys give Swaim or MHver3 the time of day… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

So once this whole thing goes down, will CUSA, AAC, Sun Belt and MWC make up their own thing too?

I mean if you take it seriously then I’m right there with you… If you accept it all as “for entertainment purposes only” or as a person who might also like celebrity gossip then it’s all in good fun.

1 Like

I posed this scenario with a buddy earlier: do you allow full revenue share from Day 1 if it meant you could add Oregon, Stanford, UW, and Utah? Schools are different but to me those are the names that could make demands like that. (FWIW, he said no deal)

So could the BYU and American3 programs possibly get equitable treatment? Did they have the foresight to put a provision in the agreement to have parity with any additional programs brought into the Big XII?

Or is it worth it to suck it up and lose the revenue vs any PAC additions because you just eliminated the most likely threat to Big XII stability?

You suck it up if you have to suck it up, but I swear after years of rooting for Utah over BYU and now interacting with Utah fans it’s like

3 Likes

So, the big 12 is actively interfering with another conferences contract ?

1 Like

Kinda funny, but the way that Pac-12 bylaws are written, we aren’t. Just another way the Big 12 has all sorts of provisions the Pac-12 doesn’t.

2 Likes

maybe it was Utah that wanted to kick out BYU? lol

1 Like

Do not think this guy is credible. If FOX is heavily involved with the big12 , then espn may not be the big12 first option regarding future tv.

Explains ESPN move with pac12/ ACC.

If you are taking one for the team it doesnt hurt to ask to slightly increase the pay or bump up the full pay by a year.

Pac-12 never thought anybody would actually leave, so thelats why they dont really have an exit fee or provisions.

They actually thought geography would save them.

1 Like