UCF defensive recruiting

Sadly true. Same with basketball but football at HISD was full of talent in the 90’s and 2000’s. Seems like the last 10+ years is been dead. Good competition also matters to the few who are good in basketball and transfer by their Sophmore year.

I follow a guy who is a big Yates supporter and alumni. He said they only have 41 helmets for the team this year and have to share them.

I worked at Lamar last year and their only good because HISD is so weak. If they were in Katy or Cypress they would never make the playoffs but because they play Sam Houston and Chavez in district their records inflated. Whenever the playoffs start they never make it out of the first round and their record isn’t great until district play starts. We had a lot of high potential freshmen and sophomores last year so maybe the 2023 season will be different. Heights (Reagan) had a good team last season (2020) but they lost a lot of talent.

Jacolb Cole at Bellaire is a 4 star Oklahoma commit but he’s going to prep school for his senior year.

On recruiting, Dana is getting a lot of great players that went p5 originally then he grabbed then later so I don’t care how we get them , you have to judge on field performance. We’re picked #1 or at the top this yr to finish so go by that or how we do this yr.

1 Like

HISD has been raided like a store during a hurricane - North Shore always had a pipeline to HISD as there’s a reason Furr and Wheatley never was consistent in football

Fort Bend became the district of choice for families moving away in the 80s and 90s but then Pearland became the new district of choice once Cullen was extended

Shadow Creek started to get a few and Manvel as you can be on 288 and get to Dawson, Pearland, and Manvel within 20 minutes

HISD took too long to rebuild schools to keep talent there or kept schools that needed to close open and the issue with their stadiums is a major problem. When they rebuilt the schools they shortcutted a lot of the athletics areas such as small tracks, no turf practice fields and useless baseball fields you can’t practice on due to bad grounds

Unfortunately, the kids that remained behind there aren’t as talented as what went there - the ones that are good get frustrated and go elsewhere to win