UCF opening line

Dohhhhhhhhh! You’re right. But they’re looking a little better. Maybe have an upset left in them. But you’re right. I did.

This is a fact. Bowl season won’t be too indicative because most teams will use the extra 2-3 weeks to iron out any kinks. However, as of now, any team can be beat by the Coogs, and that’s not a testament to us so much as how mediocre this conference is. Cold honest truth.

2 Likes

SMU beat both TCU and UNT who they play most years and with TCU usually lose to and UNT blew SMU out last year. Temple beat a ranked Maryland squad. Those are just two examples but the AAC has some impressive non-conf wins this year (that UH contributed NOTHING to except holding serve vs UNT) which is one big reason the conference is getting more respect and the overall records are better.

It’s easy to rag on any conference, even the SEC, now when they’re cannibalizing each other. Look at the FPI and SP+. The AAC is power 6 this year on the field. The statistics support this.

If you’re talking truly elite in the sport sure I’ll give you the top of the B10, SEC, and Clemson. That’s it. However, that leaves up to 4 “not that good” teams in P5 conferences that will make NY6 bowls that I think the AAC champion can beat, maybe even be favored against. Remember for example if Clemson makes the CFP second place in the ACC gets an auto bid to NY6. That’s a joke.

1 Like

I’m not arguing that other conferences are worth a crap either. I’m convinced most of our teams’ records are a product of the way the scheduling worked out. I would cringe at smu or memphis in a ny6 bowl because I think both will get killed. Until the AAC wins bowl games they haven’t really proven anything. And I’m including us in that assessment.

2 Likes

I completely agree with that.

1 Like