UCF should be moving up

I’m confused. 100% of the conference administrators have agreed to the CFP and also agree that it doesn’t need to change. So why would the schools sue the NCAA for not interfering with what the school representatives have agreed upon?

1 Like

I kind of feel that would be like students suing a school for an academic program the parents voted on.

And you trust our particular conference administrator to fairly represent the schools? I don’t.

Now if you tell me Khator and Pezman think the CFP is fair and that all schools at the start of the season have the same chance to win, then I will confess there is no hope for a fair championship playoff and that, in fact, schools don’t want one.

It’s kind of what happened in the 60’s. Total rebellion against a system that was once trusted but was exposed as a complete fraud.

Right, but then it’s on the schools to change their administrators. Suing the NCAA for not boycotting a system than the conference administrators voted on would get thrown out of court.

You are mad at the NCAA but your anger should be directed at the spineless G5 conference officials.

In the end what are you suing them for? They can invite who they want into the playoff. It’s not preventing a school from playing football.

Oh, I am mad at them too. But doesn’t the NCAA have an obligation to provide a fair, competitive environment for each athlete? That is the gist of their Fairness principle. So if they have abdicated that responsibility to a third part, the CFP, and support a system that is not fair, I think a suit has merit.

But I’m not a lawyer.

1 Like

No…there should be Lawsuits filed by our conference and every G5 school that the P5s are purposely keeping us from making it in…blow this thing up in the media…until something is done…Now!!! The opportunity is now…

No, but it prevents all FBS athletes from having a shot. Here is the Fairness principle. NCAA calls it a Priority.
" FAIRNESS
All college athletes deserve a fair shot. We focus on respect, integrity and responsibility, both on and off the field, so that college sports prepare student-athletes for life."

If you believe that is happening in the case of NCAA FBS football, and can convince me, I’ll shut up.

1 Like

More than playoff…opportunity at Money and the National Championship…if you have a crown…every school should have the opportunity…you can sue…

If you think the NCAA cares about respect, integrity and responsibility then you haven’t been paying attention. Penn St., Michigan St. Maryland, Baylor, North Carolina. Just a few examples. Then you look at college basketball.

Even if you sue the NCAA what will they do? Create a second playoff? Ultimately they know the power schools could easily just form their own league (which is what they want anyway).

College football’s post season is garbage and it would be easy to fix.

8-team playoff or bust

P5 conference champs, highest ranked G5, 2 at large

1 Like

I 100% agree with this. That should make everyone happy. I places a premium on winning your conference, it gives the non P5 schools a shot and possibly forces ND to join the ACC or maybe it fuels their desire to be independent.

The question for us would be- would that help or hurt our chances to move to a P5? Would say, the PAC, be thrilled about adding a good UH team if the conference champion is guaranteed a spot?

1 Like

adding us to the PAC gives them access to Texas recruits so its a win win

the downfall are all the #Pac12AfterDark games, but I’ll accept that just to be in a P5

Utah threaten to sue…get in Pac10…why not sue the CFP committee…and SEC since they get in every year (Thank you, Alabama)…plus ESPN for causing all of it…go after everybody responsible…not helping just sitting back and watching…

Didn’t everybody agree to the current CFP arrangement. Seem to recall that as being the case. If so, seems like the judge would throw out any case that involves suing ESPN. The only real option would seem like suing the NCAA over that “fairness principle” mentioned by 230 rocks. Even then, it does not seem like a slam dunk but I am no lawyer.

1 Like

So you are OK playing UCLA and California in their home stadium EVERY year ?

You might be able to argue that you agreed because you thought the committee would act in good faith and select qualified teams regardless of conference and all teams could possibly be selected. ESPN’s own employees (announcers) have said in public that teams not in the P5 will never qualify no matter what they do

1 Like

The playoff was implemented because the BCS wasn’t fair enough to the Big 10. The BCS was created because the College Football Alliance wasn’t fair enough to the Big 10. Anytime the Big10 isn’t winning national championships, it’s unfair and a change will occur. Notice that TCU was #4 before the final ranking of 2014, and then Ohio State was #4 and went on to win it all.

Your idea of fair doesn’t matter compared to the governing idea of fair in college football.

The CFP is a scam. It is a cartel. The oil cartel dictates what we pay at the pump. The P5 cartel dictates who gets in the CFP. It has been created so the P5’s can make the most money. This has never been about sport. How many times can this be repeated? It baffles me that some of you think the selection system could change or a G5 would be invited if the CFP would go to eight? Just last year herbshit & his cohorts mentioned it. They were laughing about it. We mean nothing to them. We are an afterthought for these clowns.

Utah got in for two reasons. Hatch sued & Utah got in the PAC. They got in because Utah was never a recruiting “hotbed”
UCF on the other hand just like U of H is a major threat to ACC & SEC Teams. It is a major recruiting gold mine for them. So it would make no sense for these two conferences to invite them. The small12 is a major possibility for them.
Any which way you look at it we either get invited to the PAC12, BIG10, ACC or we sue. Our facilities, lack of political clout or commitment in 1994/1996 had nothing to do with our non invite. This was strictly dictated by the uta, atm, oki & okistate. They want to keep control of our recruiting area.

1 Like