@ UCF - UH 2-1

Long review of throw out to second. Called safe.

Coogs lose Coogs lose 8–7. :smirk::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

We left Ayres in one pitch too long, believe his pitch count was already up in the 80’s when they hit the homer.

3 Likes

Glad we are competing in a bad conference but I really believe it would take a miracle to gain a regional spot.
I like Todd but I think his contract was not extended for a reason.

2 Likes

I was at the game today really fun although we lost. Number 42, an infielder, is from Florida and didn’t play, but had a ton of family there. With them and others Coogs had a nice representation.

We could put an Orlando alumni chapter together if someone took the ball and ran with it.

3 Likes

This one is off to a great start. :laughing:

Gave up a 3 run HR in the 1st - down 0-3 after 1.

1 Like

What is it with UCF and bouncing cameras?

Bouncing is kind of their thing, I guess.

5-5 game. T5

Could be worse. Bases loaded with no outs and we put in a reliever with a 10.00 ERA & .451 BAA.

3 Likes

First time I’ve seen a series end because of the hard time.

Coogs win 12-9 in 8 innings, won series 2-1.

2 Likes

LOL!!

1 Like

So what does it mean “hard time”? Why did it end at 8 innings?

UH has a flight to catch and the game was scheduled to be over at 3:45. There wasn’t enough time for another inning, so the game was over after UCF batted in the 8th.

UCF commentators talked about it the whole game, even had a countdown clock on for the bottom of the 8th.

1 Like

Why was the game allowed to end at the end of the 8th. Can’t find anything in the rules. Seems like the team would just have been forced to take a later flight., What would have happened if it had gone to extra innings?

1 Like

Games have ended in ties because of travel schedules. I think they determine those things before the game starts.

1 Like

Looking at the live RPI, UCLA, Auburn, USC, and Nebraska were four I saw with a tie game in their record.

I would guess this is why.

Why do ee schedule flights that close to the end of a scheduled game?

1 Like

The Softball team was playing at UCF also, I wonder if they were trying to put both teams on the same flight

2 Likes

Hopefully the softball coach missed the plane.

5 Likes