UEFA Breakaway as a Model for the P5?

The P5 have already broken away as far as CFP is concerned. The outrage that ensued from formation of this league is a playbook G5 schools should embrace to force CFP inclusion . G5 commissioners should continue to characterize the current format as shameful corrupt money grabbing scheme aimed a enriching few schools and ESPN

4 Likes

In bb they can’t bc you have so many great teams of the 355 like Dayton, butler, seton hall, Houston , Georgetown etc… In theory bb would be ok if 65 break away. It would then be who’s better like the old afc vs nfc before the super bowl combined them in the late 60s. Therefore it ain’t happening unless they bring more bb of the 355 with them.

Not happening

1 Like

good to know it might fail…the chaaaaampions!

1 Like

It appears that all six English Premier league teams have now bolted.

This “super” league is collapsing as fast as it was created.

1 Like

the whole scheme was a disastrous fiasco…P5 take note

1 Like

Not so fast, my friend. Basketball almost took away the auto-bid for conference champs back in the 80s. Not quite the same as breaking away, but it would have relegated basically all of the one-bid leagues to the NIT.

1 Like

1 Like

This so called super league was “driven” by the nfl owners that own some of these clubs. These owners thought they could impose a franchise type league while taking advantage of the chinese virus financial windfall. Is this dead? Far from it friends. Even though it appears it is. This super league has been in the works since the nfl owners bought these clubs. So you can not trust any of them. This is more like a reprieve.
Real Madrid just about 10/12 years ago was about $400M in debt. The Spanish/GVT and Royal family stepped in and took care of the debt. There are indications that Barcelona is $800M in debt. Remember these two clubs are “owned” by fans/socios.
A few years back U.E.F.A. put in place the “Fair play financial rule” How many clubs got away with it? Manchester City, PSG, Chelsea or even Barcelona and Real Madrid did.
I mentioned it when the P5’s imposed the G5’s to take the left over crumbs. The long term cfp model is bound to fail. Market saturation never lies. It will affect the cfp like every other business.
Some of you still think the P5’s have not created their own league. You have clearly been duped by espn and others.
What European fans did the last two days is what G5’s fans did not do when the P5’s broke away from the G5’s.
All of this cfp bs is on our hands. espn should be scared s@#$less of what has happened in Europe. Could G5’s fans impose their will on espn to include them into the cfp?
OF COURSE WE CAN
This is a matter of gathering enough support to put pressure on them (P5’s/cfp)
Remember friends. We let the cartel impose the cfp on us. We are the voice of the customer. We gather enough boycotts in the products/services being advertised on the cfp and changes will come. There is no other way to dismantle this cartel.
nfl owners thought they were invincible. Think again.

1 Like

We act like we haven’t seen this before. This happened with the SWC breakup. The haves left the have nots for more money flushing a century’s worth of history down the toilet.

1 Like

So we have a choice Coog51. We along with millions of fans boycott, make our feelings known.
Will this happen or are we going to keep getting S@#$ed by the P5’s? That is the main question for all of us to think about it.

I will add probably the more important in this.
These nfl owners could care less about these soccer clubs
Equally
These P5’s could care less about their own fans.
You do not agree?
How is it that you add WV and not U of H?
How you prefer to wipe away historical rivalries?

Again and again this cfp has never been about sport. Do you get it and what are you going to do about it?

1 Like

:roll_eyes: I guess some people just can’t help themselves.

Some were calling ESL=NFL

I certainly could imagine if it was successful they would have added teams, but they would have to pay like a franchise fee, like the NFL to join.

Honestly, I get the message commisioners would use about being greedy. However, many of the football teams that would get left behind just do not have the fan, community, and financial support to stop it.

In the ESL fans of the biggest clubs protested about leaving behind the smaller teams. I just do not see a large enough outcry, if any, from ATM, UT or LSU fans saying we can’t leave Houston or Memphis or Tulane behind.

It could happen here and there really is not much UH could do in football to stop it.

You keep pushing cancel culture. UH just needs to keep building and gain fan support, not hope for tens of millions of people to boycott things.

5 Likes

So Raymond, “china virus” is okay but “trump virus” is not?

How come my post was zapped but Chris’s wasn’t?

3 Likes

Oh I think you know… You hurt the delicate fee-fees of certain posters.

1 Like

How does boycotting companies that bankroll the cfp stops us from gaining fan support?
It is time that the cfp advertisers feel what the G5’s fans think of the cartel P5’s and the cfp. That can only help the G5’s. This cartel should have never been allowed in the first place. It is never too late to fight this injustice.

You can boycott/cancel anybody you want to. Those same companies are the ones who fund our program too though. If they lost revenue what is cut first, advertising and budget for the CFP or AAC football games? Companies put money where they can make money.

You do not understand my point so I will try again.
The companies that advertise for the cfp need to be boycotted. They are the ones funding this cartel. Millions complaining to them WILL make a difference.
ie: a few tv anchors were either suspended or fired because people called the shows advertisers.
Are you telling me we can’t do the same? Of course we can and we shall.
Same companies sponsoring us?
Let’s find out who they are.
I do not see how complaining to them about dismantling the cfp and demand that all Div 1 schools can make the playoff will hurt us?
The point is that we have a choice. We are not a nation of quitters. We fight back. For all G5’s fans to have “laid down” without fighting back illustrates how much PROPAGANDA has been fueled to us. Shame on us for accepting it.
The Champions soccer league for created in 1954
When was the cfp created?
We have a choice. The cfp and espn wants to tell us we do not have a choice.
Is that acceptable?

1 Like

So which companies are you trying to cancel? Disney/ESPN? Dr. Pepper? Chick-Fil-a? Who else? Why not just organize hundreds of thousands of Cougar fans to get into a P5 by contacting sponsors and ESPN?

You bet. This is not only valid for every Cougar fan but for 100k’s/Millions of G5’s fans complaining to every advertisers. Letting them know that this format is unacceptable to us. We demand that they do include us in a newly redesigned cfp format.
What do do you think their response will be vs. millions of their customers? The key is to get everybody on board. That is exactly what the G5 commissioners should do if they had ANY COJONES. Until this is done nothing will change. The European soccer fans response was a masse response. The exact same thing should be happening here.