UH, A destination job

That’s all I needed to hear.
https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1113846522532200449?s=17

15 Likes

Always has been. If I was employed at UH, I would retire there too…

4 Likes

I’ve said for years that UH should be a destination for coaches and players. I’m not caught up in the excitement of signing our BB and FB coaches, or the consecutive tournament appearances (although I was excited enough to drive to Wichita and KC). We’re in a decades-long process, that I won’t live to fully see, but I can see the worm beginning to turn. We’re still going to have to get into another conference, as part of the process, but I think we’re headed in the right direction.

These are good times, and interesting times. It’ll be fun watching, particularly the consternation in Austin and Bryan, as we take steps forward. I’m going to enjoy the ride, until I achieve room temperature. Go Coogs.

8 Likes

Two Best Coaches slogans in Houston:

“Dont ever underestimate the heart of a champion.” Rudy T.

“Dont mess with Happy…” Coach Sampson

Etched in stone!

13 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

I’m still partial to “put that sh** on paper”

1 Like

Recruiting base.

Administration commitment

Top notch facilities

Great city to live in

Yep it is a destination.

2 Likes

We’re getting closer and closer to that P5 invite I can just feel it

3rd I agree with you. But if P5 doesn’t happen right away, the feeling that UH is fighting the good fight and winning is a great feeling.

1 Like

CDH and now CKS signs an extension. Despite all of the bs that espn and other national media have distributed all over we have two P5/National caliber Coaches. This is huge for our athletic program. You are right 3rdWardCoog we are now ideally placed for a P5 invite. We are at a turning point. Great job from our leaders.

2 Likes

Yes and let’s not forget our huge strides in our academics and Med School ! Go Coogs !

5 Likes

“This year we knocked on the door. Next year we are gonna knock the God Damn door down!”

Bum

2 Likes

I hear you Corinth, but don’t jinx them…it didn’t work out so good for Bum. Go Coogs!

1 Like

Bum said kick the SOB down.

2 Likes

I like when the media (ESPN, etc.) call us a G5 that acts like a P5. As long as we are the best overall G5 program, at worst 3rd with Cincy and UCF, we will be on the right track.

1 Like