UH Attendance is Up 18% Over Last Year

Through 2 home games we are averaging 28,347 this year vs. 24,026 last year. Heck of an increase in just one year.
With the Big12 schedule next year I expect we will have another big increase.

17 Likes

This goes against the narrative. Delete thread.

20 Likes

We had a big 12 opponent in our first two games this year vs Grambling last year. Rice and Navy are probably comparable and we had a thousand or so more fans for Rice.

That said, season ticket sales are up so I expect attendance to be up for year when all I said and done.

1 Like

Great info !
Go Coogs !

Don’t people show up in droves to watch the Grambling band? :wink:

2 Likes

Lol, they used to. It seems that’s died off for whatever reason.

covid. That’s like saying look at our attendance compared to 2020!

The weather won’t be a reason for any attendance issues this Friday. Looks awesome. High of 84 and low humidity.

No but traffic will be and oh yeah Friday night high school football will be another excuse

1 Like

Who cares… Go to the game and have a good time!

Go Coogs!

5 Likes

That’s coming off a 12-2 season. We lose another game and the attendance will go down.

Prob add another 5 k so maybe 35k which is all we need to rock

Only going to get better being in the B12 imo

4 Likes

Folks don’t attend friday night games like they used to -

Attendance is up over the first 2 games of 2019 as well and one of those games was against top 25 Cincinnati and we had a brand new P5 coach people were excited about.

Win and they will come. No issues with attendance at Basket ball games…

2 Likes

Keep it up Coogs. We won last week so they should come.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/DannyEcker/status/1575244089779490816?t=y6YzT8YzoZmW8muWH3SYDw&s=19

2 Likes

It kind of looks like the Baylor Stadium.

Man, UH really missed an opportunity to have a stadium with shade. It would completely change the fan experience for all the September 90 degree games.

4 Likes