UH Baseball Mediocrity Continues

Oh. Now I’m happy. We’re an elite program.

2018 25th baseball America. And okay fine lets leave basketball alone for a second and compare Todd with the plethora of football coaches we’ve had over the last 20-30 years. How’s he doing compared to them?

To the ones that got fired?

1 Like

Not sure you can compare baseball and football either. But Todd has had more success than most of them. That doesn’t mean he’s doing well now or shouldn’t have a pretty warm seat.

Right we can’t even hold down a coach on the football side, yet alone get consistent success. Meanwhile Todd at least has the baseball team competing at a high level, ranked nationally, winning league, etc. Again all I’m saying is he’s earned a down year. He gets a mulligan this year and next year to turn it around. After that you wouldn’t even have to fire him because his contract would be up.

He was doing that. I agree he gets next year. I like Todd and hope he turns it around. I’m just not optimistic.

Again, I was the one defending him until this year.

I just think this boards funny. Okay to go after a coach who’s actually won games but speak ill of Dana for going 4-8 and 3-5 and you get jumped and told to leave the fan base. Todd may not turn it around but it doesn’t really hurt us much to let him try. He’s more than earned a pass for this season, imo.

Dana definitely isn’t off limits for me.

1 Like

When did the University of North Dakota move to Minot? I bet Grand Forks was disappointed. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Someone earlier said what is the problem. Rayner Noble did a great job but then lost key assistants and the program went downhill to the point Whitting was brought in. Same thing is happening to Whitting. With Couch and Anderson we did great. Those two leave and the program had gone downhill. This is the decision the Admin has to make.

1.) Let Whitting and these assistants have another year and then replace Whitting.
2.) Extend Whitting and give him the resources to go get better assistants. After this season, with only one year left on his contract, he will not be able to replace the current assistants with quality assistants.

I was a fan of Whitting and his hiring, but we have seen this movie once before with Noble.

3 Likes

We continue to hear wait till next year. We seems to always get off to poor starts and make way to many mental mistakes.

Cannot use talent and facilities as an excuse. Just do not feel confident that we will even make it to a super regional the way we are trending. I was supportive of staff but we just make to many mistakes the last couple of years that should not be made at this level.

1 Like

1-6 outscored 58-15 ZERO excuses

2 Likes

Sean Allen next up? UH alum, played here during some of the best years. Assistant and recruiting coordinator in Austin.

3 Likes

Ever since Frank Anderson left, our pitching staff has been characterized by walking the opposition! We had 13 BB vs OU this weekend! We have seen this for the last 3 or 4 seasons!

3 Likes

From 2014-2018 we ended the season only once unanimously in the Top 25 - 2014. The team also didn’t make the tournament in 2016. We had two home regionals as the top team and lost both.

I concur with your initial hope. however when we were given the keys via hosting a superregional and couldn’t get out of the driveway I knew that higher level coaching was absent. Although Augie was drunk, he could outcoach everyone even on his worst days

2 Likes

Can we get rid of that ridiculous and embarrassing bush league Thor’s hammer bs? It doesn’t belong on a baseball field not even at the Little League level, let alone at an elite (lol) college baseball program.

1 Like

In my humble opinion, we should look for another coach at the end of this year.

2 Likes

Seems pretty accurate by ability as well as percentages

https://twitter.com/ncaahardball/status/1374082023841742853?s=21

Congrats to UTSA, UTRGV and Incarnate Word for being elite baseball programs.