UH @ ECU Series

@Bultokid I brought this issue up with TW recruiting abt 3-4 yrs ago right here in Baseball thread n I got blasted for it. I mentioned that he wasn’t making any tracks into the HS where Baseball is played at a high level. Whether it’s here where i live ( Cypress ) or many of other immediate surrounding areas within 20-30 mi of UH Campus. Esp when it comes to Elite Pitching. Basically i felt then n even more so now w excellent Baseball field n top notch Development Center they should be able to compete here n there w Tech, UT, A&M etc for top end HS players. Wasn’t happening 4 yrs ago n definitely not now. I thk he’s a good Baseball mind but has fallen way behind when it comes to Recruiting players that will allow u to play respectfully at BIG12 level. Hoping it changes but don’t see it honestly.

1 Like

I know one that was a recent 1st round draft pick….played multiple showcase tournaments right there at UH…multiple coaches from UH were there in their swag and never spoke to the kid or his dad……kid was from SA and Dad would have been thrilled for him to stay close to home so it was easier to see him play….some of you may be able to figure out who the kid is.

1 Like

Maybe the guy just has a bad eye for talent. Sometimes we think they’re being arrogant or lazy when in fact they may just be awful at some aspects of their job.

One thing for sure is we’re entering a new dimension in the B12. Literally no wiggle room for bad recruiting.
We gonna get killed.

1 Like

Could be Funk. But I do know he let 3-4 get away from Cypress HS’s around 4-5 yrs ago that he could have hzd a chsnce if he had just reached out to them or the parent. 2 of them went to AGS n 1 to LSU that i remember. Communication… Hello!!!

1 Like

Edited for posterity.

I agree

“Maybe the guy just has a bad eye for talent”

He hit 4 homers over 3 days and was recognized as the equivalent of all tourney….had multiple MLB organizations on him since junior year in HS.

6’3” 210 SS/3b ——- all conference, And top 100 prospect in the nation……would have to have the worst “eye” ever.

1 Like

Lol

Damn.

Let me go to option #2.

Maybe we have a staff that gives up before the fight starts. Like, intimidated by serious talent. How do you explain having that level of unsigned talent in front of you and not talking to them? Not being facetious. Just seriously asking and I fear the answer…

…maybe staff doesn’t believe we’re a serious program.

1 Like

UH goes down 3 to 5.
Need a win for pride tomorrow.
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=393028&vislive=hou

1 Like

L10: 4-6 eek, tourney or bust

2 Likes

That was pretty much the consensus when we saw the non-conference schedule last December.

2 Likes

Does anyone on here realistically think we can win the tourney? The odds have to be around 30-1. I don’t think we have the pitching to win three games in a row.

3 Likes

No chance. The pitching is bottom tier of the Conf.

2 Likes

I mean I can’t believe we’re probably not in a position to compete in a one-bid league tournament but I haven’t watched a series all year where I would comfortably say we’ll take 2 out of 3.

Conference series.

2 Likes

Lamar has far better pitching than the Coogs this year. Come on now LAMAR… not SAM or Dallas Baptist etc but Southland power Lamar Cardinals. I get too frustrated. U not helping Funk… hehe.

1 Like

Well. I’m done. I root hard. I never quite give up. Always an optimist down deep. But the superficial side of me has already left, bags in hand, for the Astros.

1 Like

Same.

Double loss for us tonight. But at least 1 team has a Horse going tomorrow-- JV.

1 Like

Would love to see Dusty win it all this year and retire with his name on a street in Houston.

Yep, that’s what I want. I thk this is his last year no matter the outcome. Crane did right letting him get his 2000 Win. Dusty is good people!!!

2 Likes

Haven’t seen D. Cherry on the mound in a while. Is he hurt or just struggled too much?

Damn. ECU is GOOD. They started slow this season. Expectations were that they’d be a CWS team this year (they knocked on the door last season), but started abysmally slow and looked bad. Now they finished the season with a 14-game win streak. Swept Cincy, Memphis, South Florida and UH. 20-4 in the American. 38-18 overall and an RPI of 25. Color me impressed with what Coach Godwin and his staff have done after the slow start. And this is all without their No. 1 pitcher, mind you. They are very likely a CWS team with Wisenhunt. They may be one without him as they’ve peaked at the right time.

3 Likes