UH faces Oregon to open Fertitta Center

“Now, a lot of times, coaches judge teams are they a bad win or are they a bad loss?” Sampson said. “Losing to us is not what it used to be and beating us is not what it used to be either. As our program continues to grow, I think our schedule will begin to grow, although I don’t know how much more I want it to grow.”

KELVIN SAMPSON: “I THINK AS OUR PROGRAM CONTINUES TO GROW, I THINK OUR SCHEDULE WILL BEGIN TO GROW.”

Houston Head Coach Kelvin Sampson provided a scouting report on the Ducks:

"Just ridiculously talented. We’ve been delving into them the last two days. They’ve got an outstanding, heady, tough, really, really good point guard in Payton Pritchard . You cannot duck behind screens; cannot slide screens; you can’t get caught over-helping on the weak side. He’s a push-push point guard – a lot like Galen. You take away the Iowa game, just one game, he’s probably shooting 60 percent from the three. There’s good shooters; and, then, there’s great shooters. This kid is a great shooter.

“The history of Houston, I believe, has always been a physicality kind of school,” small forward Paul White said. “They always produce some pretty good guards and they like to be physical. We’re looking forward to it. So we can start moving in the right direction.”

Altman is trying to find the balance of how much Oregon can play Bol, the 7-foot-2 freshman phenom, and not wear him down.

https://twitter.com/TheHRReview/status/1068573821815406592

Wooten, who bruised his left knee late in the first half of Monday’s loss to Texas Southern, practiced on Wednesday and arrived at practice Thursday without any visible signs of problems or limitations.

“I think he’s OK,” Oregon coach Dana Altman said. “He practiced yesterday. The MRI was fine. I anticipate he’ll be ready to go.”

Wooten is averaging 5.3 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.5 blocks and has started every game this season for the No. 18 Ducks (4-2).

When Wooten was sidelined during the second half, Texas Southern outscored Oregon 57-44 with an 18-14 edge in rebounding to pull out the 89-84 upset.

BREAON BRADY: “I KNOW EVERYBODY IS SAYING THAT WE’RE UNDERSIZED; BUT, HEY, IT’S ALL ABOUT THE HEART.”

Brady is shorter (6’8") than Bol Bol; but, at 260, Brady weighs more than the talented freshman. Brady plans to use his weight and strength in any one-on-one match-ups against Bol.

“I definitely weigh a lot more than him; but, he makes up for what he lacks in weight with his length,” Brady commented. “I’m going to see if I can give him a bump or two to see how he reacts to it.”

Brady gonna give him a bump or two means 3 fouls in 2 minutes hahahahaa. Guess it’ll be up to gresham and harris if available.