UH men's bball nonconference schedule coming out tomorrow

https://twitter.com/jdm2186/status/1554870082962079746

2 Likes

something that im curious about … not have any scheduled big games for next year seems a major factor

note we have the SEC/Big East challenge …
we essentially know next years schedule … MTE, SEC/Big East challenge, 7 buy games… Im perfectly fine with that…
but whats sparking my interest is the SEC/Big East challenge is every year… are we insinuating we will almost never do major home and homes in the future… or is this a 1 year thing???

1 Like

Well, i dont want a 1 year rental practice player.

Hopefully we bring in a big, that has this year + next year in eligibility.

oh but i thought @Joprior23 @TJCoog but i thought we weren going to bring in someone who wasnt a star

there is only 1 big in the portal that could crack the rotation, and that is kante… almost every other big we could get thats in the portal likely wouldnt crack the rotation

Oh course the obvious is it doesn’t matter what you want. The benefit to a one year player is our scholarship availability doesn’t change for the current recruiting cycle. You should be rooting for a graduating SR.

1 Like

I am excited for ORU. My grandparents used to work there. My mom had all of her drinks knocked over by Elvis at a concert there back when he was fat and on drugsshe doesn’t like Elvis. Lol.

I used to go to some ORU games during Thanksgiving up there. I thought I was going to play for them. Of course I had to settle for my local hs…
M k
Nov. 11, 14, 16, and 20th is a little scary. We end up on the 20th at Oregon. Will be be tired and drop this game??

Glad we finally got some of the behind the curtain info on the MTE stuff. Knowing the entire country is afraid of us is a satisfying feeling. Lets go win the natty now!

1 Like

Who’s up for a FB vs. Tulsa and MBB vs. Kent State doubleheader on Nov 26th?

1 Like

I actually think Sampson did a maserterful job putting this schedule together.
Without being able to get any more big names to come here and play we got 4 really good squads and backfilled it with solid teams who did well in their respective conferences last season.

LSU? lol

LSU, Florida, Mizzou & Mississippi state all changed coaches.

1 Like

Sounds like Isaac Kante.

a fun look at a few of our “lesser” opponents - we wont get any national brownie points even if we beat these teams by 40 , that doesnt mean the games cant be fun and we cant have a good time watching

• St Joes

one of the few in the “lesser games categories” with the size, physicality and defense that doesn’t look like complete pushovers (big in post, huge defensive wings). they lost best 2 players … honestly can’t see how theyd beat us, no notable addition & finished the year horribly. lacks offensive talent

• Oral Roberts

Max Abmas- him still being at oral roberts makes no sense- All-American but i gues its good for us

Oral Roberts is more than abmas, their top 3 guards are all lethal shooters, all off the dribble… their 4 can also shoot the ball really well… almost everyone returns. but their defense/rebounding is horrific, like horrendous with no resistance …interesting is that they add a 7’3 arkansas transfer that was a major defensive presence for them before he was jumped in the depth chart when arkansas started getting elite recruits, he is also really good at shooting 3s (https://youtu.be/33LA8bXjOOU) if his rim protection improves their D, with their offense, watch out!

• kent state

24 win team from last year (but on a pretty weak schedule)- pretty good defense for a mac team …they have to replace all their bigs, but all their offense came from their guards who all return including the MAC player of the year

• Norfolk

auto-bid ncaa tournament team, 24wins, but at a lower level …returns a lot including the MEAC player of the year

• North Colorado -

22 win team, actually lost a ton but return their best 2 players including 1st team all-league Daylen Kountz (21pts per - top 15 nationally)… high octane offensive team, statically one of the worst defenses in the nation

• Texas Southern

our next door neighbor, consecutive autobid ncaa tournament, upset florida and oregon in recent years, wins off toughness and defense… offense not great.

Overall we should see a ton of high scoring guards, not many good defenses…we can probably bully all the teams listed, but should be some fun defensive matchups for sasser and jamal … ironically our tougher games are most the opposite, they are mostly defensive teams with questionaly offense (virginia, oregon and st marys)

There are so many of these games against lesser known programs scheduled for Mon-Wed that I am preparing myself for smaller crowds. Kent State on a Saturday and Alabama on a Saturday should be fun.

Duarte had a very informative article in today’s Chronicle about the difficulty Sampson had in getting our OOC schedule put together. He tried with several dozen schools with no luck. The reason we aren’t in any MTE is due to the Oregon game and also an SEC team backing out of another.

1 Like