UH needs to hire a new GM type position for Football

I think what everybody is saying is that in theory it is possible for a G5 team to play for the National Championship but the reality is it won’t happen. G5 teams are not playing P5 caliber ball. Some days it seems close but in the final analysis, not so much.

No, what most people understand is that no G5 team is ever going to be selected by the selection committee made up primarily of former P5 AD’s, Coaches, etc. for the current format 4 team playoffs, no matter what their record is. The easiest, built-in P5 excuse is “strength of schedule”, but if necessary, they can easily come up with a few others to justify their prejudiced decision making.

I think most people do believe that a G5 team can make the national championship game. Please see numerous comments supporting that claim on this very board.

Is thinking considered prejudiced if the opinion is correct? The selection committee should be made up individuals with some kind of experience. I have no problem with the selection committee members having big time experience / connections.

It will snow on the 4th of July in Houston Texas before any G5 team is selected for the current 4 team college FB playoffs. So, I guess that most people do believe that it can snow in Houston on the 4th of July, right?

…and it was between TCU and Houston. Deloss Doses said he could think of 20 schools he would rather have than Houston. They chose TCU over UH…

Back in the day, who would ever believe we would have hot Winters…used to start getting cold in Houston in September…now, Hot through December…minus a few cool days…It could happen…

Sounds like you and I are in agreement. No snow in July in Houston in my lifetime BUT there are those that do believe it can happen. I put my coat up long before then.

Respectfully disagree, this will be another bench warmer position on taxpayers dime doing practically nothing different from an AD’s role . I’d advocate going leaner and reducing staff. The number of so called “associate directors” and “directors” chewing on this bloated bureaucracy is frankly ridiculous.

I’m ok with that too.