UH new hires: Kendal Briles and Randy Clements

Where was burn orange when UT hired a Baylor coach? not one word.

3 Likes

Boom! UT Coach Horny.

**edit for spelling

1 Like

Hi! is this the thread about Star Wars: The Last Jedi debate?

1 Like

Burnt Orange complaints are pre-emptive as they fear we’ll pass them up in the football recruiting and rankings. At this point I would not trade Kendal Briles for Tom Herman.

3 Likes

Is his last name Horney? Seriously?

Some interesting reading in this thread:

I get it that it is different when it is not your school doing the hiring but I guess enough time has not passed since I was relieved the whole Art Briles thing went down on Baylor’s watch and not UH’s. I hope it all works out for the best.

Yeah man…

1 Like

Thank you as always for collecting these tweets.

And didn’t realize Clements is also an alum of UofH.
Really adds up the program looking after its own as it should be.

Ed is hyped!

3 Likes

he graduated from SFA

1 Like

With a name like that after coming from Waco, oh boy. So many inappropriate jokes…

2 Likes

UT worry UH will steal their 4 star wide outs.

1 Like

With the spread so big in TX we dont need to steal 4 stars.
Plenty to go around.

Getting that blaster of an RB who can do it alone in the backfield on a high level is tougher. Baylor had a nice run of them. Dino Babers using basically that same offense at Syracuse is still looking for one.

1 Like

We’re gonna be the villains of college football and im all for it

#DarkSide

6 Likes

610 talked about the hires for about 7 minutes. Pretty fair.

I am thrilled we are going back to the spread. It is exciting. Our old offense was boring and couldn’t get it done. Running offenses must have a huge, overpowering OL. And we were so predictable.

I would have preferred a spread coach that did not have baggage. Hopefully the accusations will turn out to not affect KB.

Thanks for the link. Per their conversation Kendall is being sued because of that alleged ‘white woman at Baylor’ remark.

Absolutely bizarre one can be sued for at worst a poor-taste comment. UH was aware of how flimsy this lawsuit is and had no pause to hire him.

If UH had “no pause to hire him”, I’m pretty sure the out clause in the contract would never have been requested or agreed-upon. Let’s not get carried away here.

4 Likes

They’re wrong, Kendal isn’t being sued for that. That’s part of the evidence brought against Baylor in that case.

2 Likes

How the lawsuit goes will determine Kendall’s career future. At some point he’s going to have to answer about what he knew. Did he have direct knowledge? Or did he hear talk/rumors and asked Art? Unfortunately for him to continue to have a big future he’s probably going to have come off as a man too trusting of his dad, and throw Art under the bus. But better to be duped by a man you trusted than to admit you knewe about the assaults and did nothing.

1 Like

Our offense is going to be much better. I wonder if Chance Amie would have signed with us had he known Kendal Briles would become our OC?