UH system along with A$M ,UT asking for 1 billion from surplus

But A&M and ut should not be anywhere near this conversation. It doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

I agree they shouldn’t

Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.

trade schools? yes - but they took trades out of the universities at one time also

but not 4 year degrees in nursing, education, etc. and then they turn around and offer it damn near for free to undercut the local schools who been doing it forever

Just like they taken wood shop and metal shop and auto mechanics out of H.S.

Hence “The customer is always right” At the end of the day people get a degree to help them succeed in life. Some realize that their degree is useless and have now huge debts. University tuition has been out of control for decades now. I cringe when I hear children say “I want to experience college” Instead parents should educate their children that $1 has a value. An “elbow” value if you will. U of H offering a four year diploma in a trade industry? I am all for it. Universities have to understand that they will lose more students if the status quo continues.

2 Likes

I agree - look at those old yearbooks folks did auto mechanics, printing, etc. alot of folks who owned those businesses lived off those degrees

1 Like

https://247sports.com/college/houston/board/102451/Contents/endowments-for-more-universities-are-on-texas-legislative-agenda-203212842/?page=1

I took this post from the other Coogfans site.

This was the first ask where it’s not including A&M and UT. Dan Patrick is for it.

We’ll see how .much they allocate

Republican State Sen. Charles Perry

This guy does not foresee the PUF going to other Universities and he went to teetech???
Unreal. If someone like that thinks like that there is no way we will get a piece of the PUF. This article with the one from this thread contradict themselves. Either we and teetech get some crumbs or as the article listed above mentioned madcowsu and atm will get the same amount of crumbs as we do. Which is true? Either way the PUF scam continues.

It seems confusing but in the chronicle, they had this ask of 1 billion each for tech and just us then the other ask was us,tech , UT and A&M banded together asking.

I don’t think we’re actually asking for PUF money in either case but money from the surplus.

I guess we have to wait.

What I heard in “Houston matters” radio show I’d that all universities will split 2.5 billion dollars. At least that’s what’s in the revised budget

Is it Universities or the systems?

It could be a split of that by A&M, tech, UT and us system wide on one of our “asks”.

Stand corrected,

With minimal differences between each chamber’s proposal, their budgets call for additional funding for community colleges and the creation of a $2.5 billion endowment for universities that don’t benefit from the Permanent University Fund.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/proposed-texas-budgets-fund-higher-110453033.html

1 Like

So they are wanting to establish separate 1 billion dollar endowments for each UH/TT AWESOME!

A billion for UH, on top of the 1 billion+ already in our endowment, would propel us to ELITE levels!!!

2 Likes

Who is to believe?
The thread’s article clearly stated that madcowsu and atm would benefit from this.
So what does the OFFICIAL proposal say?

I think it’s from freezing there tuition. UH/TT seem to be in line for a billion each in endowment. Also from freezing their tuition to like UT/ TAMU

It seems we are going for 1 billion along with tech.