UH vs UTA 3/24 @ 3PM

Yeah….must have been their Super Bowl.

15-2 wtf :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I don’t ever remember being part of a game where one team gave of 8 HR’s….

He is pitching the same guys he always pitches. For some reason, they thought they actually played someone with a pulse last weekend and were moving in the right direction.

Yep, UTA just went 13 innings , threw 7 pitchers and you get skull dragged 15-2. Playing teams with a pulse matters

4 Likes

Stop the nonsense. This does not get better no matter how we bend it. The better option is to bring in a good young guy now and let him start recruiting. This season is just nonsense.

5 Likes

We can’t bring in another guy mid-season,

Fire the damn coach now, I’m tired of this crap!!!

4 Likes

Wanna elevate Bunn to HC as interim?

What’s the problem this year? Loss of drafted talent?

“Bunn helped spearhead Houston’s remarkable turnaround on the mound in 2022. After allowing 4.45 walks per nine innings (156th nationally), a season prior to his arrival, the Cougars finished 36th nationally and second in The American with 3.52 in 2022. Houston finished second in the league in strikeout-to-walk ratio (2.31), after coming in sixth in 2021 (1.76) and were third in hits allowed per nine innings (9.15) after taking seventh the season prior.”

Thinking small. You can elevate Pearland to interim and not lose a beat. This year no longer matters. Its time to save the patient and quit worrying about the physical therapy.

1 Like

UT Arlington comes here and an hour after using 7 pitchers to defeat Northwestern in 13 innings, they proceed to embarrass us with 8 home runs in route to a 15-2 win. After all that they fall from 55 to 64 in the RPI’s. Whitting and Pezman have turned us into one of those RPI liability teams good teams should avoid playing.

3 Likes

Let’s see…my choices are watch UH baseball or waterboarding.

How much water do they use?

6 Likes

Who else is hungover ?
No place to go but up after yesterday.

NW stinks.

This weekend preview has the dates wrong.
I used to send corrections from the website to UH but gave up.
They never bothered to fix them.

2 Likes

This pathetic schedule shows how much the powers that be could care less about the program at this point.
No changes in baseball, womens hoops or softball and we will be the laughing stock of the Big 12

3 Likes

If Whitting’s butt isn’t on the hot seat, we must be planning to drop baseball, that would be the only logical explanation.

1 Like

Going to the Big 12 that is very doubtful.
Just a guess but I think we are simply saving buyout money. My guess is that Todd knows he is gone

7 Likes

On a positive note, we held UTA to only 8 home runs. I know we a lot of pitchers on the roster who we haven’t used. I don’t think we have anything to lose using them at this point

1 Like

Lucky UT-A cleared their bench later on. Its sad.

1 Like

UTA leading Northwestern 5-0 in the top of the second.

Don’t want to set expectations too high but gosh darn it I like our chances against one win Northwestern. That plus the Minnesota sweep will be great memories.

1 Like

Northwestern was swept by Texas St. earlier this season and gave up FIFTY SIX runs in THREE games.

19 runs a game…they have given up double digit runs 8 times already….of course UH has done it six times.

Just good quality baseball.

4 Likes

This is thinking man’s approach to team management.

+1

Pollard, as much as I like you I fear that too much truth can be dangerous. If there’s one post that defines our collective disappointment its that one.

W the actual F?!?!?!?!?!?

And Pez thought scheduling these guys was somehow beneficial to the program?!?! Can we at least lose to teams that don’t get run ruled every game of a series??

3 Likes