UHAA Ft. Bend Thirsty Thursday Chuy's SL Tonight, Thurs. Jan. 18

I’ll post UHAA Ft. Bend THIRSTY THURSDAY events in this thread

I’ll update 1st Post title with latest event date & location

I’ll post info re: latest event in new post at bottom as needed

All are welcome

We need something like this in Kingwood but I have a feeling there are not to many coogs up here. Looks like a awesome time.

I have tried twice. The last time was Dana’s first year here, the year King redshirted. I posted here and FB then another lady who was doing the same thing contacted me and said she already had one planned out and that we should join. So we did and I directed anyone who contacted me to her posts. The event drew at least 20 folks but I felt the way the venue was picked it didn’t allow for folks to mingle and meet each other, we were placed at a long table in the middle of the restaurant, and so when folks got there they ended up sitting next to people they already came with or knew. You could not get up and go meet some else b/c you are in the middle of the damn restaurant. When we first got there the restaurant had a bar area that looked like a separate room and was completely empty it was a bar with a bunch of round tables clustered together. Me and my brother in law showed up early and went there for drinks as some of the folks came in they naturally congregated there and we pretty soon had a nice group circle of coogs taking about the season. With 20 folks we would have taken over that little room and then it would of rocked but she insisted we move everyone to a table and start ordering our food. After that first event there was no consistency and the thing just faded away. When setting something like this up there needs to be a core group that always shows up and the event has to have a regular schedule in order to grow.

It bugs me b/c that was a lost opportunity but I did come out with a good friend, who does visits coogfans, that I attend most games with and take road trips with. Most recently the NCAA basketball tourny in San Antonio.

2 Likes

October’22 Thirsty Thursday!

Fellow Coogs — join us Thursday October 20th at 5:30 at Los Gallitos, 1230 Murphy Road S of SW Fwy.

There will be complementary chips and salsa. Go Coogs!

Is there a guest speaker?

I’ll ask & reply with any info

No speaker this month…

(bump)

Sorry, not to divert the convo, but does UHAA help organize the events? I’m still trying to find anything in SoCal, but there’s nada.

Yes, UHAA helps out but UHAA Ft. Bend alum volunteers are most of the effort.

I would reach out to UHAA offices for suggestions on what format(s) they think would work best in your part of LA & I think UHAA’s Taylor Rouleau would be the person to start with UHAA Team - UH Alumni

I’d guess that when UHAA travels or we have teams out there, like track, you may be able to snag a guest speaker.

I think after you find a format & venue you like, the biggest thing is promotion: FB, Insta, etc. — that’s why I post here.

1 Like

Understood. I appreciate the walkthrough. I’m not in a position to build something out here, but if we decide to stay here, long term, it could be a project.

Spoke with Taylor Rouleau at tonight’s Happy Hour.

He said Beth Borck is contact for LA and that Orange Co. is one of the areas of focus

1 Like

Thanks Steve!

I think Pede fired her a few days ago. Bad move.

I won’t be attending, but thanks for doing this. Any chance y’all could invite some of the
UH Cheer squad to accompany coaches on these events ? Just thinking of things to drive
interest and attention.

Let’s us know how the event goes.

1 Like

Join us for our first UHAA Ft. Bend THIRSTY THURSDAY of Fall 2023 tonight, 2023-08-17, 5:30 to 7:30 PM at Chuy’s, 320 Highway 6 at S. Main, Sugar Land, TX 77478

The UH Fort Bend Alumni Club will provide a round of appetizers.

Any RSVP required?

Nope — just show up! Chuy’s @Hwy. 6 & 90 from 5:30-7:30

I’ve exchanged emails with UHAA’s Taylor Rouleau re: admission to UHAA tailgates and he’ll attend & go over that tonight.

Here’s what I think I know but I’m not 100% sure so don’t hold UHAA to this:

You have to preregister & pay $10/game for admission to UHAA’s Party on the Plaza (PoP)

But, UHAA Ft. Bend has a tailgate within PoP and if you sponsor it ($20/game) then you get admission to both it & to PoP

I’m not sure how Life Member Tailgate ties in with the above. Taylor will clarify.

Join us for our first UHAA Ft. Bend THIRSTY THURSDAY of 2024 tonight, Thursday, Jan. 18th from 5:30 to 7:30 PM at Chuy’s, 320 Highway 6 at S. Main, Sugar Land, TX 77478

Any special guests?

None in the announcement :slightly_frowning_face:

2024 Fort Bend Alumni 28th Annual Golf Tournament coming up:

February 26, 2024 at Sugar Creek Country Club
https://giving.uh.edu/uhaa/2024FBGolf