Ultimate enemy

The intelligence quotient exhibited on CoogFans seems to be spiraling downward.

2 Likes

I’m for UH to take care of it self and not always play the victim mentality. That just gets in the way of success. Thank God we have Khator who is a go getter instead of a whiner.

3 Likes

I will ask you again. This is a simple question. Are you for the PUF to be open to UH?

1 Like

lol, Chris, I’ll use one of your favorite comebacks, I’m not taking the bait.

1 Like

You all dismissing the land purchase seem to be missing the fact that UT thought they had to do it out of the public eye and without any public oversight. Then the UT President played dumb. McCraven thought this was a bold move. The land needs to be sold. If UT is not going to work with us, which they could have done, then we need to fight this tooth and nail.

10 Likes

Bait? norbert you are either for or against it. Which is it?

3 Likes

You are exactly right Paul.

It is about serving the markets for higher education. The UT system provides Dallas area with public university options that otherwise wouldn’t exist.

Houston is served by UH system, TSU, and to some extent, Prairie View and SHSU. UH system should be the priority to serve the Greater Houston metropolitan area. Don’t need a UT school here. If they encroach here for undergraduate school, we should be able to go into their territories too then.

6 Likes

Your silence speaks volume norbert. Now we know where you really stand.

2 Likes

Well I’m a bonghorn with an agenda. So there is that.

2 Likes

See now you used it two or three times there
 if you do too much people write it off as being dramatic

1 Like

Simple question norbert. Are you for or against opening the PUF to UH?

UT doesnt have the same power in Austin it use to. I believe the PUF will be opened up soon. TT and UH probably need it to get into AAU status

We got a bonghorn here pretending to be a Cougar. Someone need to call the Sheriff.

The Great State of Texas needs to expand its AAU participation. Staying at 3 for all these years is not acceptable.

3 Likes

I will say I was very disappointed in how McCraven handled all of this as an ex military officer. Not saying he lied when testifying, but sure played dumb. I guess he did not make his bed that day.

5 Likes

This is simple. If a city has two state supported universities, they share state resources in every thing. The city has two mediocre schools instead of one good school.

No one but an enemy of UH and the people of the city would suggest another state supported school in Houston.

5 Likes

What on earth are you talking about? UH was offered a spot on a task force related to determining what UT-Houston would ultimately become and straight up declined even participating in it so that it wouldn’t look like we in any way were okay with the possibility and take away from our mission to defeat it. Rice and TSU were going to participate.

Dr. K was absolutely not okay with a UT-Houston campus.

9 Likes

FWIW, UTD is very much on UH’s level academically, and actually above UH in the USNWR rankings. UTA and UTEP are also R1 institutions.

2 Likes

Yes. McRaven had a great public career which he managed to sink by leading the UT-Houston land grab.

2 Likes