UNBOOM - King to sit out rest of 2019, redshirt only?

:joy: Hilarious

1 Like

Itā€™s no different than when new boss comes in at workā€¦lots feel loyalty to previous boss even if he was let go cause he wasnā€™t getting it done

1 Like

Hey man, it just seems true! :joy:

I donā€™t blame the players for leaving. Itā€™s a obvious that CDH is playing for next season. We lost at Tulane with some of our best players on the bench. Thatā€™s easy to see. CDH needs to be committed to this team, this year, or the players should leave.

https://twitter.com/dRoy/status/1176215012425248769?s=20

2 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

It wasnā€™t CDH that threw those waaaay off deep passes. Hit just a couple of those (well, maybe 3 or 4) and weā€™re all singing a different tune.

4 Likes

Pun intended?

Iā€™m not talking about loyalty to the previous coach, Iā€™m talking about players not wanting to play for CDH because they simply do not like him. Has nothing to do with the previous coach leaving, itā€™s how THIS coach coaches them.

1 Like

See the previous regimeā€¦THAT coach is why weā€™re in this spotā€¦it was a sh$%show with a toxic culture.

4 Likes

I remember Sampson losing a whole starting line up when he came along. I donā€™t know anything about the situation but if this is because the two donā€™t get along or bc they donā€™t see eye to eye. Then King has to go. If you let two conflicting leaders stick around then you will have a house divided and that will hurt more than King leaving.

9 Likes

The way Holgorsen is running this teamā€¦ Patrick, you and I have seen eye to eye on a lot of things, but King transferring is indicative of what he thinks of this coaching staff. This is a two way road.

Unfortunately, this is the beginning, not the end. Holgorsen is Dimel-esque. I donā€™t see him digging himself out of the recruiting and personnel hole he is putting himself and this program in.

Yes, he loved them, kissed them and then walked out on them during the season !

What a guy !!!

5 Likes

How is he running it? Unless you have been there or have personal knowledge from many on the team, this is not the level headedness I was told I could expect.

2 Likes

Y[quote=ā€œCoog51, post:47, topic:20813, full:trueā€]
So you play 4 games, realize it is going to be a rough year and you quit and transfer?

Thats a really bad trend.
[/quote]

Bad trend? More like a less-than-steller character on Kingā€™s part! Simply run and quit when the going gets tough, eh?

3 Likes

He hasnā€™t transferred.

Maybe he will, maybe not, but either way, Iā€™m fairly certain you donā€™t know the first thing about how Dana and King discussed the subject.

3 Likes

I feel like I am standing next to Custer and his flag bearer and rifle shots and hundreds of arrows spears and tomahawks flying in ā€¦

So King maybe leaving ā€¦ or not ā€¦ my guess based on the articles ā€¦ heā€™s GWTW ā€¦

Maybe thereā€™s others maybe thereā€™s not ā€¦

After four games we KNOW NOW it was going to be a rough year ā€¦ ā€œroughā€ it would seem is an understatement ā€¦

If Tune is supposedly the second coming of Tom Brady THEN DONā€™T waste him ā€¦ start Holgerson Jr. or another QB collecting splinters on the bench ā€¦

Will we see Army part deux ā€¦ probably ā€¦ and trois and quatre ā€¦

The ONLY humorous remains to this disastrous season will be watching dd and HAL coming up with inventive ways to keep their poly train ā€¦ AFLOAT ā€¦ week after week ā€¦

1 Like

I am not going to judge him on this. He has one shot at his dream of playing football at the next level. Mayfield, Murray, Hurts, etc. set the precedent for getting into the ā€œrightā€ system and situation to realize that dream. I donā€™t have to like the decision but I get it. As others have said, you donā€™t want someone in the locker room who is not happy and is full of regret for not getting out. Better to start with a clean slate with those that want to be at UH and build/re-build this thing.

2 Likes

Bye. Donā€™t let the door ā€¦

3 Likes

So this has been going on for at least 2 weeks. Who knew?